Sasa's Config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could add Malwarebytes Free as an on-demand scanner, because I don't see any benefits for using the Premium version. Try customising the AV/Reputation settings in Norton, to see if they help instead of draining resources for more than 1 real-time product.

Do you mean ESET Online Scanner?

Reactions: Sasa and frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Welcome to MalwareTips. Nice config. Enjoy your time on our forums it is a good place to be. :D

Reactions: Sasa

Sasa

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2014
Keep your browsers and softwares up-to-date. And do not use cracks and pirated softwares!
For your browser, HTTPS Everywhere to make your connections secure.
If you use USB often, maybe you should consider to use MC Shield USB Anti-MAlware Tool.
You can use CCleaner for cleaning and optimizing your PC. It is more than enough with PrivaZer.

Every time i try to install Https every where i get this add on could not be downloaded because of connection failure on www.eff.org.

You could add Malwarebytes Free as an on-demand scanner, because I don't see any benefits for using the Premium version. Try customising the AV/Reputation settings in Norton, to see if they help instead of draining resources for more than 1 real-time product.

Do you mean ESET Online Scanner?

Yeah sry meant Eset online scanner just had to download it because of firefox !

you used eset + norton o_O

No i meant Eset online scanner as On-demand Scanner

Reactions: yigido and kaskuser

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Sasa, it is nice meeting you as well.:) You've a well appointed system!
Our fellow members, friends, and staff, have eloquently imparted much valuable advice.:cool:They also beat me to sharing things I don't need to mention now!:p
Fortunately, they've left two favorite additions I can share with you!:D
  1. A wonderfully convenient, free, & encryption secured, password manager called LastPass https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd
  2. That big yellow banner belowo_O represents Sandboxie, www.sandboxie.com a free app that provides a transparent layer of protection to your browser. Using a "sandbox" renders the altering changes, and addition of add-ons/extensions, only temporary which also protects your system from unwanted changes too. Later, you can make updates or add the extensions you are certain about wishing to keep.:);)

Sasa

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2014
Sasa, it is nice meeting you as well.:) You've a well appointed system!
Our fellow members, friends, and staff, have eloquently imparted much valuable advice.:cool:They also beat me to sharing things I don't need to mention now!:p
Fortunately, they've left two favorite additions I can share with you!:D
  1. A wonderfully convenient, free, & encryption secured, password manager called LastPass https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd
  2. That big yellow banner belowo_O represents Sandboxie, www.sandboxie.com a free app that provides a transparent layer of protection to your browser. Using a "sandbox" renders the altering changes, and addition of add-ons/extensions, only temporary which also protects your system from unwanted changes too. Later, you can make updates or add the extensions you are certain about wishing to keep.:);)

Tyvm sir i will try both of them.:)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would add HTTPS Everywhere to Firefox and continue to use MBAM as on demmand.Looks good!! Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Sasa

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.