Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Install Screencastify BETA: Chrome Web Store

Permissions: Details
  • Access your data on all websites
  • Access your tabs and browsing activity
  • Capture content of your screen (only on Chrome Beta)
Screencastify is a simple video screen capture software (aka. screencast recorder) for Chrome. It is able to record all screen activity inside a tab, including audio. Just press record and the content of your tab is recorded. So you can easily create a screencast for video tutorials, record presentations etc.

It has experimental desktop capturing support. So it can record anything on your screen (not just tabs).
Keyboard shortcuts can be configured.

Videos are recorded as webm/vp8 files with ogg vorbis audio and can be saved to disk or uploaded to Youtube or Google Drive with a single click.

Screencastify does not depend on any external software (like Java, Flash or other plugins). So it even runs on Chromebooks.

It's still in Beta, so please report any issues you might experience using the integrated bug report tool.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You should try it, and if needed you can Deny access to your microphone so the NSA can't hear you singing.

After recording session:
upload_2014-8-22_17-20-36.png

I chose 'Save to Disk':
upload_2014-8-22_17-21-14.png

It's only a 10 second video file recording of Cog and have uploaded the .webm file directly to vid.me.
https://vid.me/1VJ

Enjoy!

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.