App Review Scriptors vs Baidu System Repair Tool

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although I really don't like posting video's this close together, an exception will be made in this case.

Terry Ganzi brought up the Baidu System Repair Tool on the companion thread to this one. As I didn't think Baidu would be of any value I didn't consider using it. However since I had time this morning and an already infected system, for giggles I gave it a whirl:

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
:)Thanks for the test.
Another fact is the version of Baidu System Repair you use is not the latest(Maybe you use standalone version made by another person).
Latest version is 2.6(or 2.7), only available in Baidu Antivirus.
And System Repair Module has its own database, the database in your version maybe old.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@cruelsister, I thoroughly enjoyed the fascination, suspense, and the positive results of this video which required stepping out of your routine comfort zone to prepare for us.:) As ever, your musical selections, alone, are enough to motivate one to postpone making coffee whilst remaining in bed to bask in the realization that Sundays & tablets:cool: were created for just this purpose!:p
Thank you.:D

D

Deleted member 2913

It did pretty good.

Few Chinese software are really good. But I find Chinese cleaning tools little aggressive/sensitive & its better to check the results before removal process. Well same goes for any other tools too.

If I am not wrong Shadow Defender is also a Chinese software, right?
One of the best software in security software.

H

hjlbx

One of the best software in security software.

In so many important ways it is the very best... it's definitely a top three:

1. Shadow Defender
2. AppGuard
3. NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro (probably soon to be dethroned by Smart Object Blocker)

You think Chinese utilities are aggressive... ? Then try JV16 Registry Cleaner by Macecraft.

The Chinese got nothin' on the Finns when it comes to a utility that will boink a system when user doesn't pay attention or know what they're doing...

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Actually the standalone version will install a Service (barsvc.exe) and will connect to the Baidu Cloud as long as Internet access is available. You will can see a notation for this at 1:05 of the Video. If the Network is not available this will not be present.

Also please understand that I'm not a fan of Baidu Antivirus (actually no antivirus); but for Scriptors, BSRT outperforms the others.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
No- it seems someone ripped it out of Baidu and made it a stand-alone (kind of, anyway). It will install a Windows Service- (BSRSVC)- which helps it connect to the Cloud, and this will be set in Manual.

If you decide to dump the Baidu System Repair Tool the service will remain on your system (no uninstall routine); but you can get rid of it yourself if you choose by typing in the Search Box:

sc delete bsrsvc

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
No- it seems someone ripped it out of Baidu and made it a stand-alone (kind of, anyway). It will install a Windows Service- (BSRSVC)- which helps it connect to the Cloud, and this will be set in Manual.

If you decide to dump the Baidu System Repair Tool the service will remain on your system (no uninstall routine); but you can get rid of it yourself if you choose by typing in the Search Box:

sc delete bsrsvc
thanks for the info

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Thank you for the test! Very interesting! :)
Can you please check how Zemana AM behaves in this case?
Another second opinion tool I use is Eset (boot cd), few times online scanner.
If you still have the infected pc, can you pls also test Eset online scanner?
Do anti-exe with srandard setup provide a reliable defence against script(can they prevent/alert in case of an infection)?
Thank you!

Reactions: done

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Thank you for the test! Very interesting! :)
Can you please check how Zemana AM behaves in this case?
Another second opinion tool I use is Eset (boot cd), few times online scanner.
If you still have the infected pc, can you pls also test Eset online scanner?
Do anti-exe with srandard setup provide a reliable defence against script(can they prevent/alert in case of an infection)?
Thank you!

If this ( ) fail then eset online scanner will surely fail.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.