search conduit removal and system restore

Gloria

Thread author
Apr 14, 2014
My system restore is still locked. I have used all the steps you said to use in the removal guide. I do have 2 microsoft visual C++ redistributable files that were added on 4/13/2014. Could those be the problem?
There is also a microsoft visual studio tools for office that was installed on 4/13/2014.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    createsrpoint;
    gpt.ini;z 
    C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy;v
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GroupPolicy;v 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.