Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. Before you start!
    All given instructions in this forum are customized for each help request, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections. If you think you have similar issues, please post the appropriate logs in our Malware Removal Assistance forum and wait for help.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. We will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for us to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and we cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
    We strongly advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Search Protect by Conduit....Removal help please?!

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance' started by Mitramonday, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Mitramonday

Mitramonday New Member

[attachment=6496][attachment=6497][attachment=6498]

I went into my Programs/Features to check for items I didn't recognise - and discovered via Microsoft Forum that Search Protect by Conduit is a malware. When I try to remove it, I get a pop-up box telling me I do not have sufficient access to uninstall it and to contact my systems administrator. I am the ONLY person who uses this computer....so who is my systems administrator?! I don't appear to have any of the other things like BrotherSoft Extreme2 B1 Toolbar, Search Protected by conduit, Conduit Apps Toolbar? As you can probably tell from this post, I am a self-confessed techno-phobe, so any answers in words of one syllable, please?!

Attached Files:

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Malware Removal Expert MalwareTips Staff

Hi,

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    • Click on the Scan button.
    • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.

Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
    Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
    • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Then...

Re-run FRST, check Addition.txt, press Scan and attach both reports.