Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
IClZmGcuXOhk7MOzhiABWE-MTBsLNkQrjcBWxloN9CKAQ0kifoq4M55nS71ZDVUOzZ0Vq4KOByk=s640-h400-e365-rw

Secure downloads by scanning with more than 40 Antivirus engines for free. Analyze suspicious context files with a full scan report
Secure Downloader adds another enhanced layer of security to your browsing experience.

Secure downloader is a Chrome Extension that allows you to scan the context of downloadable files from the Internet before installing them on your computer.

Install the extension, and enjoy phishing-free web surfing!

Secure Downloader has an internal analyzer for downloadable files on a webpage.

During each download, if your host isn’t whitelisted, the context of your file is scanned by more than 40 antivirus engines, which will do a through inspection for viruses, malware and phishing.

This extension adds another layer of security to safely scan files before downloading and without consuming your computer CPU and/or other resources.

Note: Secure downloader runs on each operating system

Privacy and safety information: Secure downloader does not modify or delete any file on your system. The file you want to download will be downloaded through the Secure Downloader.
By running secure Downloader, you automatically accept the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
First, Secure Downloader will be downloaded, and through it you will be able to view the full scan report and download the main program.
To continue offering this service for free,
during the scan an ad can be display while the report isn't arrive in order to support the development of Secure Downloader and continue the enhancement of its features to adapt to Google Chrome.
DIF49sRuItwUbc861rjh1a_7syvtIscleDJPmjRs6hS2MkvnYfdMaAb_97BLDsjMa5VGb7jH7w=s640-h400-e365-rw

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Something that I've been looking for. So no need of uploading files to VirusTotal anymore? Saves time and bandwidth.

Is there a restriction for size of the file that can be scanned? Are the files scanned before downloading or after downloading? I'm looking for the former.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Never tried this, but I'll go ahead and download this extension and see if I like it or not.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Combination: Secure Downloader + HerdProtect + SecureAplus

Well this type will surely nothing will bypass as all are contains lots of engines. Surely crypted viruses will manage to do it. ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've seen this before and I would take precautions before using, or avoid it.

Secure Downloader developed by "www. downloadpilot.com"

This isn't their homepage, but if you do visit it will serve you Adware.
-hxxp://downloadpilot.com - Warning! Serves up an Adware downloader, likely a fake site.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b84a8d64be6a51c89611c14d3b8acfb741c/analysis/

upload_2015-1-7_14-43-52.png

Searched on Google, found this site, but it's incomplete and the social links do not exist.
-hxxp://secure-downloader.com

IMO, a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.