Status
Not open for further replies.

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2015
"
The sheriff in San Bernardino County—east of Los Angeles County—has deployed a stingray hundreds of times without a warrant, and under questionable judicial authority.

In response to a public records request, the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department (SBSD) sent Ars, among other outlets, a rare example of a template for a "pen register and trap and trace order" application. (In the letter, county lawyers claimed this was a warrant application template, when it clearly is not.) The SBSD is the law enforcement agency for the entire county, the 12th-most populous county in the United States, and the fifth-most populous in California."

Good grief.

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2015
That's what gets me. The government is trampling all over privacy and security with powers that have yet to stop a single attack, but how many cops have been convicted of the hundreds of shootings in the U.S over the last few years? All the government has done about it is take away their military toys. Last I checked those hundreds didn't die by .50 Barrett sniper rifles, they died by standard police sidearms or less. I'm not anti-police, but I'm far less worried about a terrorist beheading me than I am some local cop with a power trip or having a bad day putting a .40 slug into my chest and getting a slap on the wrist or pat on the back for it.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.