Should I buy an Android Tablet or Android Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have been considering investing into an Android device, but cannot decide on what options would be better. I understand each individual and their needs are different, so I am not asking what brand at this stage.

My Options:
- Keep existing phone + Buy new Android tablet.
OR
- Replace existing phone with Android phone.

Background Info:
+ My current phone is a Nokia Lumia running Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan. There's nothing Google-related on my existing phone.
+ The mobile phone would be replaced every 2 years.

E

eight

I would keep a basic rock bottom mobile phone like the cheapest Nokia for my talk & text needs.

I would keep a high end tablet like an expensive Samsung for my multimedia & online purposes.

Even if my high end gadget runs out of juice which it will, I still am reachable to my callers.

I would look ridiculous being on a 30 minute call holding a mammoth tablet to my ears.

My current phone is a Nokia Lumia running Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan

10 /10 for that ;)

There's nothing Google-related on my existing phone

10 / 10 again :D

Huracan have a look here : http://n1.nokia.com/en

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My Options:
- Keep existing phone + Buy new Android tablet.

I will go for that option, since the goal of having tablet is you can do more intensive task for not just browsing or listening to music; as its already a mini laptop to consider. ;)

Go for specifications with Quad Core or greater than that. :D

Reactions: Ink

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I admit @eight and @jamescv7 comments.
If u really want to upgrade ur cell phone why not upgrade with a non android device ? Firstly do u really like android devices? If yes my option is - Keep existing phone + Buy new Android tablet.
Secondly android phones are all common out there like windows for PC's. So u will get a cheapest phone available with android OS. But whats the worth?
My final comments are, dont waste ur money investing for cell phones. Use a medium range phone (Which u are using now currently) which supports all range of communication with a good battery backup and add a tablet for a mobility PC usage if its really necessary.
Final words: Save money for ur health[Mainly Eyes]. Not the internet!;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have an android phone.I would keep your existing cell phone and go for the tablet

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I would look ridiculous being on a 30 minute call holding a mammoth tablet to my ears.
Yep, you certainly would...
COveWfT.jpg
:p

Last edited:
E

eight

I will go for that option, since the goal of having tablet is you can do more intensive task for not just browsing or listening to music; as its already a mini laptop to consider

A tablet can try as hard as it can but it will never ever equal / replace a computer.

A mini laptop is a netbook :p

E

eight

If you go for the Nokia N1 :

champagne.jpg

Do let us know which tablet you eventually purchase.

Maximum

Level 1
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I would choose a Tablet anytime over a Phone mainly because of the screen being bigger.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would choose a Tablet anytime over a Phone mainly because of the screen being bigger.
Thank you for your opinion too, I'm certain this thread will help others too.

@eight I got one I had been looking at for a few weeks. Not the Nokia N1 though. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.