Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi

I am currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, however my friend just gave me a two year license key for Comodo. Would you change, or should I keep with Kaspersky???

Tony :)

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'm not too sure whether I want to or not. I like Kaspersky, never been infected so it's obviously doing it's job; so will Comodo preform as good as Kaspersky that's what concerns me....

Reactions: Šovelén

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I'm not too sure whether I want to or not. I like Kaspersky, never been infected so it's obviously doing it's job; so will Comodo preform as good as Kaspersky that's what concerns me....
Making a wise decision is up to you. If u have a existing product running in ur machine good and firmly then why do u want to change? There is no necessary. If u have the license use it over another system if u have one. If not check for the product key expiration date by contacting the Comodo Team. If its unlimited time u would wish to spare the key until ur current Kaspersky expires. Or as @Anupam suggested u may gift it to some one else.:) No more confusions. My final suggestion, if u have a good non problematic running system with KIS then do not need to change. Its just waste of time and bandwidth.:D

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
As far as I can see, the only benefits of changing is that Comodo is more configurable, and with a paid licence, you have access to Geekbuddy. With Geekbuddy you can basically call on instant tech support help for practically any problem, malware or otherwise. Other than that, stay with Kaspersky.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It depends, if KIS does well on your system then stick it or install on other PC for Comodo.

Actually the free version of CIS is already enough for maximum protecrion.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Kaspersky has better overall protection while CIS has better tweakability. CIS is good at keeping a clean computer clean, though i would only jump ship if your system was suffering from performance issues.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Stay with Kaspersky man, IDK why to change if you haven't had any issues with it. Kaspersky is great, and way more simple than Comodo. Comodo is great if you know how to use it, I don't think you have enough time to go play with it, so I'll stick to Kaspersky if I were you.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Are you changing it because you've been infected when using Kaspersky?

Are you changing it because you're having conflicts with other security products?

Are you changing it because Kaspersky got lower ratings?

Are you changing it because Kaspersky is heavy?

Are you changing it because you just want to test it?

If answer is No to all except last, you'll be fine with Kaspersky :D

R

rocky

I switched from KIS to Comodo Firewall (cloud enabled) , and I wouldn't go back. So far it has worked well and is silent. Thanks to cruel sister sharing her recommended settings. I have been running Bitdefender Free with it lately just because I'm bored.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
If Kaspersky is working well and u haven't problems i think isn't necessary change. keep with Kasperky mate :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
It seems the general community as reached a common answer here: If Kaspersky is working fine with you, then keep it.

And the end of the day though, it is ultimately your decision to make.

Reactions: Šovelén
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.