Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
HAVE YOU SEEN series ..

Have you seen OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE image on Post #29 Page 2, that I recently denoised much more than before? - is GOOD!
.. tinypic.com image sharer link, and LunaPic link on Post #73, Page 4, please? .. And NEW Imgur?
.. Thierry CASTEX 3D images?.. & sharply denoised Turin Shroud Face?.. 3D image to look with the glasses - on Post #17, Page 1.
.. NEW link with images from the heavens!.. by Brian Lula: in Post #82 Page 5.
.. Today Tuesday January 1, 2013! In the church we sang a beautiful song: 'Je n'ai autre désir' - 'I have no other desire' - written by St. Therese of the Child Jesus ..:
'I have no other desire'
1. I have no other desire than to be yours,
Be yours for ever and comes to love.
I have no other desire than to be yours.
2. I have no other help revive that love,
And submit my life to the breath of the Spirit.
I have no other help revive that love.
3.I have no other hope than to offer me in silence,
The gift of your love unite myself day after day.
I have no other hope than to offer me in silence.
4.I have no other reason that love thy name.
My happiness is to live, O Jesus, to follow you.
I have no other reason that love thy name.

Google English translation of this beautiful song here on notredamedesneiges.over-blog.com : http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=HsfiUNmIJoaH0AXJyIGgDQ&hl=en&prev=/search?q=je+n%27ai+d%27autre+d%C3%A9sir+en&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1209&bih=855&rurl=translate.google.bs&sl=fr&u=http://notredamedesneiges.over-blog.com/article-20592457.html
- and in French: http://notredamedesneiges.over-blog.com/article-20592457.html
Listen to this song on pastoralesaintpaul16.over-blog.net : http://pastoralesaintpaul16.over-bl...ainte-therese-de-l-enfant-jesus-74441435.html
.. and on YouTube : Mil Mougenot - Je n'ai d'autre désir - Sainte Thérèse de Lisieux - Répertoire chrétien :
.. and on Jan 1, 2013 we have surpassed 21,000 views of this topic, so thank you all dear visitors, I Wish You All a Happy New Year 2013!
.. listen:
'Jesus remained in the tomb until dawn of the day after the Sabbath and the Turin Shroud presents to us an image of how his body lay in the tomb during that period which was chronologically brief (about a day and a half), but immense, infinite in its value and in its significance.' ..
'This is the power of the Shroud: from the face of this "Man of sorrows", who carries with him the passion of man of every time and every place, our passions too, our sufferings, our difficulties and our sins Passio Christi. Passio hominis from this face a solemn majesty shines, a paradoxical lordship. This face, these hands and these feet, this side, this whole body speaks. It is itself a word we can hear in the silence. How does the Shroud speak? It speaks with blood, and blood is life! The Shroud is an Icon written in blood; the blood of a man who was scourged, crowned with thorns, crucified and whose right side was pierced. The Image impressed upon the Shroud is that of a dead man, but the blood speaks of his life. Every trace of blood speaks of love and of life. Especially that huge stain near his rib, made by the blood and water that flowed copiously from a great wound inflicted by the tip of a Roman spear. That blood and that water speak of life. It is like a spring that murmurs in the silence, and we can hear it, we can listen to it in the silence of Holy Saturday.'
- in MEDITATION OF HIS HOLINESS BENEDICT XVI : http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/b...n-xvi_spe_20100502_meditazione-torino_en.html
.. Here is the text of a videomessage from Pope Francis for the Holy Saturday live broadcast of the Shroud of Turin on Italian television.
'Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I join all of you gathered before the Holy Shroud, and I thank the Lord who, through modern technology, offers us this possibility.
Even if it takes place in this way, we do not merely "look", but rather we venerate by a prayerful gaze. I would go further: we are in fact looked upon ourselves. This face has eyes that are closed, it is the face of one who is dead, and yet mysteriously he is watching us, and in silence he speaks to us. How is this possible? How is it that the faithful, like you, pause before this icon of a man scourged and crucified? It is because the Man of the Shroud invites us to contemplate Jesus of Nazareth. This image, impressed upon the cloth, speaks to our heart and moves us to climb the hill of Calvary, to look upon the wood of the Cross, and to immerse ourselves in the eloquent silence of love.
Let us therefore allow ourselves to be reached by this look, which is directed not to our eyes but to our heart. In silence, let us listen to what he has to say to us from beyond death itself. By means of the Holy Shroud, the unique and supreme Word of God comes to us: Love made man, incarnate in our history; the merciful love of God who has taken upon himself all the evil of the world to free us from its power. This disfigured face resembles all those faces of men and women marred by a life which does not respect their dignity, by war and violence which afflict the weakest… And yet, at the same time, the face in the Shroud conveys a great peace; this tortured body expresses a sovereign majesty. It is as if it let a restrained but powerful energy within it shine through, as if to say: have faith, do not lose hope; the power of the love of God, the power of the Risen One overcomes all things.
So, looking upon the Man of the Shroud, I make my own the prayer which Saint Francis of Assisi prayed before the Crucifix:
Most High, glorious God,
enlighten the shadows of my heart,
and grant me a right faith, a certain hope and perfect charity,
sense and understanding, Lord,
so that I may accomplish your holy and true command. Amen.'
- (April 02, 2013) © Innovative Media Inc.
- source: Francis' Message for Shroud of Turin Broadcast - on Zenit.org : http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/francis-message-for-shroud-of-turin-broadcast
.. Pope Francis and the Shroud of Turin : on ncronline.org : http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/pope-francis-and-shroud-turin
.. and about Pope Francis : on vatican.va : http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm
.. Today December 22, 2013: 45.345 views of this topic, thank you all!
-----------------------------------------------------------

- A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'Have you seen this video?'

- No, because this video is new, published Today, February 15, 2014 - and has 68 views now - thank you!

- But sentence 'Soil on Shroud of Turin is Same Soil Outside Garden Tomb' - is true, and not new .. - from 1986 already.

First, look at the photo and good quote of Biblical archaeologist Eugenia Nitowski : Founder of the Ariel Museum of Biblical Archaeology (now: Sister Damian of the Cross, OCD ) : on shroudstory.com Dan Porter's blog : http://shroudstory.com/2013/10/23/quote-for-today-on-carbon-dating/
'In archaeology, if there are ten lines of evidence, carbon dating being one of them, and it conflicts with the other nine, there is little hesitation to throw out the carbon date as inaccurate . . . '

New evidence may explain image on Shroud of Turin" by Kohlbeck and Nitowski. Biblical Archeological Review (BAR), vol 12 n. 4, 1986, pp.23-24) : on holyshroudguild.org : http://holyshroudguild.org/ceacutesar-barta.html - by César Barta & Contribution by Giorgio Bracaglia
Excerpt from a letter to Father Otterbein by Dr. Nitowski :
'Limestone (calcium) samples were collected from as far south
as 30 miles from Jerusalem to as far north as the Galilee and Mt. Carmel.
As previously reported, Kohlbeck and Damian had matched a heavy calcium
concentration from the foot area on the Shroud of Turin to samples
collected in Jerusalem. This evidence was called into question, so
sampling around Israel was performed to assertain if such a test was
valid. From as close as 30 miles from Jerusalem, the limestone changes
and does not match either Jerusalem or the Shroud of Turin. Therefore,
the match between Jerusalem and the shroud is a valid one. The Shroud
of Turin was indeed in Jerusalem at one time during its history.'

Sister Damian of the Cross, OCD
(Dr. Eugenia Nitowski)

Look too on the theshroudofturin.blogspot.fr by Stephen E. Jones - read his response from Saturday, November 22, 2008: Re: There is compelling evidence it is the burial cloth of Christ, or a man crucified during that time #2 : http://theshroudofturin.blogspot.fr/2008/11/re-there-is-compelling-evidence-it-is.html
Quotes:
'The limestone in the Jerusalem tomb was determined to be in the form of travertine aragonite, rather than the more common travertine calcite.'
'Aragonite is less common than calcite and is formed under a much narrower range of conditions. The Jerusalem sample also contained small amounts of strontium and iron.'
'A calcium sample taken from a Shroud fiber on the foot has been compared to the calcium sample from the Jerusalem tomb. The Shroud sample was found to be in the form of aragonite, not the more common calcite, and also exhibited small amounts of strontium and iron.'
'Limestone samples taken from other tombs located at nine different test sites in Israel were also analyzed by Dr. Levi-Setti - but only the sample taken from the Jerusalem tomb matched the limestone on the Shroud.'

Then we read too:

' "Aragonite as in Jerusalem ... The study of the area of the feet has been particularly interesting. In the greatly enlarged photographs, taken by Vernon Miller in 1978, one can see that the cloth looks dirty in the region corresponding to one of the heels. There, on the threads, is an exceptional amount of dust which helps one to think that the Man of the Shroud, very probably, had walked barefooted. [Archaeology, Vol. 34, No. 1, January-February 1981, p.41] Joseph Kohlbeck, an American crystallographer with the Hercules Aerospace Division, has identified a much greater concentration of calcium carbonate among the mineralogical particles present on the feet when compared with the other areas of the sheet. This calcium carbonate is, however, not the common calcite but a rarer form, the aragonite, with small amounts of strontium and iron. The comparison with samples of calcium carbonate taken from a tomb in Jerusalem has provided surprising similarities. Even in this case it is aragonite with small amounts of strontium and iron. Further chemical analyses, both on the aragonite found on the Shroud and that from Jerusalem, were carried out by means of a microprobe by Ricardo Levi-Setti of the University of Chicago. The two type samples have furnished extraordinarily similar results, which makes it highly probable that the aragonite on the Shroud came from Jerusalem.'

' "Scientists found other interesting features connected with the Shroud. Joseph Kohlbeck, an optical crystallographer working for the Hercules Aerospace Divisions, which makes missiles, found particles of aragonite with small amounts of strontium and iron on the Shroud's fibers on the image of the foot. With the help of archaeologist Eugenia Nitowski, he obtained samples of limestone from inside ancient tombs in and near Jerusalem and subjected them also to microscopic analysis. He found the same substance. The aragonite on the Shroud and in the tombs was an uncommon variety, deposited from springs, typically found in limestone caves in Palestine, but not in Europe. The samples from the Shroud and the tombs provided `an usually close match,' suggesting to him and to Nitowski that the Shroud had once been in one of the `rolling-stone tombs' that were common in Palestine around the time of Christ and for several centuries before. Kohlbeck observed that those who believe that the Shroud is a forgery need to explain how the very rare aragonite found its way to the surface of the Shroud.'

- Read more on the theshroudofturin.blogspot.fr website, please ..

Last edited:
  • +Reputation
Reactions: Venustus

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Bishop’s Message – Shroud of Turin
- By Bishop David Motiuk - Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton

(extracts)

'While the Catholic Church has neither acknowledged nor denied the authenticity of the shroud, Pope John Paul II called it a “mirror of the Gospel.” Recently, Pope Benedict and Pope Francis described the shroud as an “icon.”
Actual burial cloth or not, the shroud is indeed an ancient and greatly venerated icon. And the essence of an icon is its representation of the Holy and participation in the Divine.
Picking up on Pope John Paul II’s reference to the shroud as a “mirror of the Gospel,” let us look more closely at the scriptural evidence for the shroud.
Scriptural Evidence for the Shroud, a Mirror of the Gospel
Jesus was scourged (Matthew 27: 26). The body in the shroud is covered with severe scourge wounds, as many as 120 on the back (including the legs). Whipping was done probably by a Roman flagrum, with evidence that there were two men whipping from two angles.
Jesus was struck a blow to the face (Matthew 27: 30). In the shroud there is severe swelling below the right eye; the nose is swollen or broken.
Jesus was “crowned” with thorns (Matthew 27: 28-29). In the shroud there is evidence of bleeding from scalp, and thorn fragments.
Jesus had to carry a heavy cross (John 19: 16-17). Shoulder wounds appear on the body in the shroud.
Jesus’ cross had to be carried for him after a while (Matthew 27: 32). The knees in the body in the shroud appear to be severely damaged as if from repeated falls.
Jesus was crucified by nailing hands and feet (John 20: 25). There are clear blood flows on the shroud from nail wounds in the wrists and feet.
Jesus’ legs were not broken, but a spear was thrust into his side (John 19: 33-37). The legs on the body in the shroud are not broken. There is an elliptical wound on the rights side between the 5th and 6th ribs and appears to have been inflicted by a Roman lance.
Jesus was taken down from the cross and wrapped in a linen shroud (Matthew 27: 57-60). The image on the shroud is consistent with the Jewish burial practice of wrapping a dead body.'

Bishop’s Message – Shroud of Turin : http://www.edmontoneparchy.com/2014/03/bishops-message-shroud-of-turin/
-----------------

.. Today Sunday, March 16, 2014: 50.045 views of this topic, thank you all so much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.