Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Nice setup.
Altought I'm wondering why you're using the portable installation of Google Chrome ? So if you get browser hijacked or etc. you simply delete it and redownload it ?

my first browser is firefox... chrome is rarely in use... so he is a portable version... ;)

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Ah alright. As you're running a 64-bits version of Windows, you never thought about using a 64-bits build of Firefox to see if it impact your RAM usage by a lot ?

I have tested waterfox and cyberfox... also the new chrome 64-bit ... he is the fastest browser for me!
but at the moment only firefox and chrome receives support from Qihoo 360 Web Threat Protection... ;)

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
After a long time I want to update my security config...

Removed: Chrome (portable), Adguard (extension), MBAM and MBAE Free

Added: ZAM Premium, HMP.Alert (licensed), Opera, uBlock Origin, Shadow Defender

feedback and suggestions are always welcome! :)

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Awesome update, and solid overall config! :p

How do you feel about Opera? I had it as a backup browser for a while until it felt redundant so I removed it.

Also, generally speaking, make sure that you have at least one clean, full system backup image created with AOMEI Backupper Standard so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image.
This is very important and it should be your first line of defense against any issues you may encounter on your system.
(sorry about this ranting, I just got used to posting this piece of advice in everyone's configuration :D)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.