Six U.K. Teens Arrested for using Lizard Squad's DDoS Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Six British teenagers arrested and released on bail on suspicion of launching cyber attacks on websites and services with the help of Lizard Squad DDoS attack tool, called Lizard Stresser.

Lizard Squad is infamous for hacking and knocking down the largest online gaming networks – PlayStation Network and Xbox Live – last year by launching massive Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks.

The notorious hacker group set up a website to let customers use its Lizard-branded DDoS-for-hire tool Lizard Stresser to launch similar DDoS attacks.

The six teens, arrested by the National Crime Agency, are accused of using Lizard Stresser DDoS tool to launch cyber attacks against a school, a national newspaper, gaming companies and a number of online retailers.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
bwahahaha in their face ! using hacking tools without being able to hide their tracks, just for that they deserve to rot in jail !

Reactions: arslan ejaz
M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
The fact that they didn't even have enough common sense to use a VPN + they used something by LizardSquad? LizardStresser was using a stolen source in-which was vulnerable. Hence that's why they're database got leaked...

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
What can a VPN do?
When the information is requested by law, it's more than likely to be handed over.

> What can a VPN do? - Do I really need to answer this?

> When the information is requested by law, it's more than likely to be handed over.

Wrong, it only depends on the provider as some are on offshore servers thus meaning they don't have to hand over anything, such as my VPN provider for example (CryptoStorm) they keep no logs - ran on offshore servers - and use high encryption methods for sending out information.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
about Cryptostorm the webpage is so badly done , i cant even understand how to use it :p

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
about Cryptostorm the webpage is so badly done , i cant even understand how to use it :p

It's meant to look that way but it's easy to understand, you can obtain a free copy of it at - cryptofree.me (free version from cryptostorm themselves, no logs just a bandwidth restriction which isn't even that bad)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Before they take on the hack, always ensure if they will track or not. It seems those 6 teenagers are excited to operate that tool which they didn't even know that flaw may occur with proper engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.