Slimcleaner With Cloud Antivirus Detection

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I have been looking at Slimcleaner. It looks pretty good with a build in AV cloud scanner. Anyone use this? Thanks! marg

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Cloud-Powered
SlimCleaner Plus is integrated with the SlimWare Cloud, delivering up-to-the-minute information about the software on your computer so you can make critical maintenance decisions with ease.

This is not Cloud Antivirus ....

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Cloud-Powered
SlimCleaner Plus is integrated with the SlimWare Cloud, delivering up-to-the-minute information about the software on your computer so you can make critical maintenance decisions with ease.

This is not Cloud Antivirus ....
Thank You..! I won't download it then.

M

Manzai

Behavior like a Rogue :p

q9vLmgk.png

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
The program itself is safe, however it is supported by advertising and may install PUPs, adware (toolbars) and change your homepage etc. I would not advise you to download this program @marg there are plenty of freeware tools that do everything this program does and more without the advertising.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The program itself is safe, however it is supported by advertising and may install PUPs, adware (toolbars) and change your homepage etc. I would not advise you to download this program @marg there are plenty of freeware tools that do everything this program does and more without the advertising.
+ 1

Reactions: Manzai

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
The program itself is safe, however it is supported by advertising and may install PUPs, adware (toolbars) and change your homepage etc. I would not advise you to download this program @marg there are plenty of freeware tools that do everything this program does and more without the advertising.[
i dont use it

Last edited:

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I am not going to download it now after I found out it has no cloud antivirus. I was under the impression it did? Thanks! Cowpipe.

Reactions: Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I am not going to download it now after I found out it has no cloud antivirus. I was under the impression it did? Thanks! Cowpipe.

It has no antivirus capabilities. The program is simply a "system optimizer" tool, the difference being that potential registry fixes are crowdsourced. It has some intelligent defragmentation tools, but in my opinion it's not worth using due to the advertising and the adware components, and as with all of these 'system optimizer' type tools, the claims that cleaning up the registry will improve speed and stability are greatly exaggerated and misleading, deep registry cleaning can actually make your computer less stable and prone to crashing etc.

Reactions: marg

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

2. Your post should be meaningful and without excessive formatting.
  • + Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.
  • + Don't post just to increase your number of posts. Avoid short sentences or single word posts. If you have nothing relevant to say on a certain matter then don't post.
  • + Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., "cool" or LOL) or a smile, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "+1", "this", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed, so don't post them. If you aren't interested in a thread, skip the thread; don't post to tell us you aren't interested.
  • + Excessive text formatting (bold, caps, font size) is not allowed. Use text formatting to highlight short passages only.

Reactions: Cowpipe
D

Deleted member 21043

Has anyone tried it, does it actually work? Or is it just a PUP installer with fake app which looks promising but isn't?

Reactions: marg

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Has anyone tried it, does it actually work? Or is it just a PUP installer with fake app which looks promising but isn't?
I've only used their "SimCleaner Free & SlimDrivers Free" & Haven't heard of their plus versions.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
2. Your post should be meaningful and without excessive formatting.
  • + Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.
  • + Don't post just to increase your number of posts. Avoid short sentences or single word posts. If you have nothing relevant to say on a certain matter then don't post.
  • + Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., "cool" or LOL) or a smile, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "+1", "this", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed, so don't post them. If you aren't interested in a thread, skip the thread; don't post to tell us you aren't interested.
  • + Excessive text formatting (bold, caps, font size) is not allowed. Use text formatting to highlight short passages only.

Ditto.

Regards Eck:)

M

MalwareT

I used it and as @Manzai said, it' behaving like fake AV. There are better options like CCleaner,Privacy Eraser and Wise Disk Cleaner.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.