slow boot
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
used optimized defaults and updated bios
so having bought my recent rig which is the following
core i3 4150
gigabyte h81m-ds2 rev 3 board
8gb ddr 3 ram
nvidia gtx 650

now few days ago i updated the bios and then restarted my pc and it gave me a bluescreen , found out i had to turn on ide in the bios settings and along with the use optimized defaults. i also enabled the fast boot option. earlier my pc took almost 3 seconds to boot from windows logo screen to the login screen and now it takes 2 to 3 minutes.. and its really frustrating me, what could be the culprit? do i need to enable the ultra fast boot option and is there any timing option in the bios?

help me guys
thanx

D

Deleted member 178

why did you update the bios if everything worked fine...? maybe the new bios dont manage your hardware properly.

try to get the old BIOS

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I had a similar issue, found out it was HPA present in HDD. Used seatools and selected option called "Revert to original size" or something?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.