Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Any process Lasso users that got to play with the SmartTrim (Intelligent RAM Optimizer) feature?

According to Bitsum:
So what does SmartTrim do differently? Well, it acts conservatively and with sophisticated selectivity. It doesn't force everything out of memory all at once. It politely asks memory hogging background processes to release their working sets. It has many other criteria built in, such as never trimming the application you're actively engaged with. This, and more, make it the first truly intelligent RAM optimization algorithm ever conceived - and it's about time! I mean, all we're doing here is not being dumb about RAM optimization.

Im interested in the release of working sets for memory hogging background processes..

I currently have Process Lasso installed on 2 machines but I am mainly testing their Gaming Mode power plan, which will require some extensive testing.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Enabled it right after updating from version 7.6 to 7.8
Memory hasn't ,for what I have seen, exceeded 38% ever since.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
From my understanding and I might be wrong is that lower specs systems will benefit from it. I'm used to see total of 15% ram usage in total with chrome and two tabs running along with eset. Moment I load the game it bumps up a bit so the trim feature cannot be really tested on my systems. Any user with lower than 6gb ram care to trial it and report back? Also to note all my systems have services tweaked and I don't run many utilities in the background. Thanks everyone who is willing to report back

D

Deleted member 178

used it 4-5 years ago; made my machine slower lol; remember , to give you something , Lasso have to take something else... no magic in computer...your hardware, cant be faster than it is , u have to sacrifice something.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
used it 4-5 years ago; made my machine slower lol; remember , to give you something , Lasso have to take something else... no magic in computer...your hardware, cant be faster than it is , u have to sacrifice something.
No slowdown on version 7.8 and I've been monitoring it as a whole despite having it to solely test the game mode feature. From initial tests did notice a small increase on performance in EVE Online and World of Warcraft but on my older machine with Windows 7. On the windows 8 considering it's hardware and 4th Gen i7 can't pinpoint any improvements.

I understand memory boosts programs work on specific ways and they tend to be more or less the same but this one in process lasso does take a different approach. Only question is if it's fully working as intended...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.