smilers configuation

smiler

Thread author
Dec 14, 2014
ive not long installed the cybergohst .just to see what it is like havent really found it useful .can hinder when logging in to some sites and i think its slowed my pc down

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello :)

Any reason why no Antivirus installed and use MBAM premium instead since the protection isn't enough and design only as alongside for current AV's?

For backup and recovery you may use the built in feature of Windows or try like Macrium reflect, any USB/External HDD in case of any problems arises?

Last edited:

smiler

Thread author
Dec 14, 2014
Hello :)

Any reason why no Antivirus installed and use MBAM premium instead since the protection isn't enough and design only as alongside for current AV's?

For backup and recovery you may use the built in feature of Windows or try like Macrium reflect, any USB/External HDD in case of any problems arises?

thanks for advice appreciate it

Malwarebytes should not be used as a primary protection... Its to be used as an secondary option with a good antivirus

And i don't know about any privacy software named imageburn
I just know imgburn
Used for burning images in cd/dvd
Correct me if i am wrong

just my bad spelling :( long night

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi smiler, your Windows 7 may have a free Anti-Virus, MSE (Microsoft Essentials) already built in. Go to "Control Panel" and confirm Windows Firewall is also activated. You may choose from a large number of free anti-virus options later down the road but, in the meantime, having the Real-Time protections of both Windows native AV (MSE) & Windows Firewall will significantly protect you.
It's good to have you as a member with us, and thanks for sharing!;)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would suggest as the others did some real time protection, and maybe a password manager such as LastPass and some backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper. ;)

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
You should try a primary antivirus protection to be safe from zero-day viruses and trojans.Threre are free alternatives such as Avast,AVG,Qihoo TS etc.For paid solutions ESET SS8(with firewall) is the best as it is all inclusive.Never heard of Universal Ad Blocker before.....is it fre/paid and really efficient as Adguard

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Since your pc is shared with other's you will need an AV, free or paid is your choice.
A second suggestion is to add a second browser in case you have a problem with Firefox.
My opinion is that if you follow the suggestion's made by the members you will be more than ok.
Thanks for sharing your config.

Reactions: Kent and jamescv7

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would suggest using an AV program and using some type of backup solution

Reactions: Kent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As others have said, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium isn't an Antivirus, I would use a proper AV (free or paid) in replacement of this product. Malwarebytes Free can be used on demand, and is excellent at removing malware on an infected PC.

You can convert the other user accounts to Standard user rights, to prevent modification to the system OS. Remember to password protect the Admin account.

Reactions: Kent

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.