Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
My space is decreasing
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Uninstalling programs, virus scans.
I have this stupid issue with my hard drive: my space is constantly decreasing ! I know it's stupid question,how can i fix problem ? It really irritates me :mad: I don't have so much programs installed, my system is clean but issue still persists.

Reactions: scot

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Do you mean free space or overall disk size? Have checked with disk management tool?

Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
What's "Shadow Copies"

What is a Shadow Copy?
  • Shadow Copy (also known as Volume Snapshot Service, Volume Shadow Copy Service or VSS) is a technology included in Microsoft Windows that allows taking manual or automatic backup copies or snapshots of computer files or volumes, even when they are in use.

How to delete Shadow Copies

Sources

Last edited:
Reactions: scot
Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Here's screenshot:

2015-01-08_112552.png

Before it was 189/194 GB, now drastically 174.

Upvote 0

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Frankly speaking, i thought deleting some Restore points will solve the problem but it seems the problem still persisting.

Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Have you checked what is on the disk with the disk management tool to see if any big files are in there?

Upvote 0
R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
You could use Gary Utilities disc check tool, I've used it before and found 4GB worth of junk.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.