Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
rallisportchallenge_story.jpg

For those of us who have lost love ones, we find comfort in keeping their prized possessions and belongings. These objects may bring back fond memories you shared with the deceased person. For one YouTuber, this came in the form of an Xbox rally game which belonged to deceased dad.

In a YouTube video which delves the idea of spiritual experiences in video games, user 00WARTHERAPY00 described a heartbreaking story about the time he spent playing Xbox with his father, who died when he was six. The user discovered his father’s ghost car, which was recorded when the player clocked the fastest time on Rallisport Challenge.

ghost_car_story.jpg

The comment went viral on Reddit, and resulted in hundreds of sympathetic condolences from users all around the world.

YouTuber Mark Riv was among one of the many users who were touched by the story. "I am going to make sure I tell my Dad I love him. I never took him for granted or anything, but I just think it is the right thing to do. Thanks for making a difference by sharing your story", he said.

00WARTHERAPY00 was truly surprised at the comment hitting viral status, saying it had "never happened before, and that "it was just a comment... nothing more".

Source: Yahoo! | Image via Imgur

*Some nice news for a change

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Thanks for sharing, such a touching story and brings back incredibly fond memories of playing video games with my parents (thankfully still alive), Grand Turismo II was the favourite, we'd race, my mom would be terrible and just crashing all the time, and I'd just sit there laughing and laughing, watching her ghost hit the wall, back up and spin around and then seeing my car reversing back behind her just to wind her up haha.

Great story, thanks again for the share @exterminator20 brought back some real good memories for me :)

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Nice story. I'm a GT2 fanatic. Remembers playing with my cousin trying to beat my Spoon Civic ghost car. I used to play Tekken with my kid when he was 3. Until now we still play but I'm not a patient guy so I cheat, money, experience etc so I can do more in lesser time.

Reactions: Cowpipe
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.