SouthArcot Security Config

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello my name is FireShootSK and i help you improve your config.
  • Have you enabled UAC? UAC can safe your PC.
  • Try replace MSE with another free AV example Panda Cloud, Avast Free, Avira etc. MSE isn't very good AV.
  • No on-demand scanners? Why? Install MBAM, Zemana or EKK/ Eset online scanner. This scanners are awesome because AV can't detect all malwares.
  • Install CCleaner. This cleaner is very good and can make a lot of free space on your HDD.
  • Install HTTP Everywhere. This extension encrypt your communication because a lot of website using only http(protocol 80) example MT.
  • Install uBlock. uBlock is simple and powerful ad blocker because nobody like ads on internet.
Be safe on internet. Malware is everywhere.
Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable UAC if you have not done so already
As @FireShootSK suggested above there are some good free AV choices to replace MSE as well as adding some on demand scanners also
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I second that motion from the suggestions mentioned.

Another thing is that if you are using USB for plugging then highly suggest to download McShield which no conflicts from any AV software.

For browsing concern, install Sandboxie to ensure when going to dark web which all changes will be undo.

Reactions: JM Safe
D

Deleted member 178

enable UAC , use a better AV especially on Win7, you have plenty of choices.

Reactions: JM Safe

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I agree with @FireShootSK , and, in addition, I want to suggest you to install also BitDefender 60 Virus Scanner, because it is a very quick scanner and it runs in background, so it doesn't slow down the PC.
Then you can also install a defragger to improve the speed of your PC, for example you can install Auslogics Disk Defrag.
So, I suggest you to install also Collusion extension for your browser, because it allows you to know which websites are tracking you.
Then, for the backup solution you can install Uranium Backup, which is very fast and reliable!!
Thanks for sharing your config, bro. ;) :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.