Spartan's confing (Looking for Feedback)

Spartansfight

Thread author
Jan 31, 2015
Hey all been browsing this site for a while now very helpful site thought i would sign up and share my setup for some feedback if needed Thank you for your time.

Laptop Specs

Lenovo G50-45
AMD A6 processor 1.8GHz Quad Core
4Gb RAM
500Gb hard drive Hybrid

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas and MikeV

Spartansfight

Thread author
Jan 31, 2015
Hello Spartan
Your configuration is very very good (however you are using tons of extensions and plugins)
And if you're using Google chrome sandboxed in Comodo sandbox then you are more than good.
What would you slim down Zenmate is a must for me.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Your config is very good.
In my opinion you can add another browser Mozilla based like Cyberfox in case you have a problem with Chrome.
Thanks for sharing.

Spartansfight

Thread author
Jan 31, 2015
Your config is very good.
In my opinion you can add another browser Mozilla based like Cyberfox in case you have a problem with Chrome.
Thanks for sharing.
I'v been looking at CyberFox AMD version they say it is faster if you have a AMD is there any truth to this.

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Cyberfox browser come's in 2 versions, one is for Intel processors and the other is for AMD processors.
They have optimized the browser to work better with the according processor in your case AMD.
I am using the Intel version and i am very satisfied.
I believe you should give AMD version a try.
If you are not happy with Cyberfox then i suggest you should try PaleMoon another Mozilla based browser and one of my favorites especially for it's stability.
I hope i have helped.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Just add a extra browser and some backup software such as Aomei backupper or Macrium Reflect both of which have a good free version. ;) Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:

jadequest99

Level 3
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Greetings Spartansfight, I'm new here also, by the looks of it...you have a good setup. I'm a bit overboard on the extensions, so
learning from other MT's community members it the best thing you did, good luck in finding the right answers you won't be disappointed.;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good configuration, I highly suggest to have like External HDD/USB for your backup in case of emergency.

Optional suggestiin: Add Lastpass as your password manager to store sensitive information securely.

Spartansfight

Thread author
Jan 31, 2015
Good configuration, I highly suggest to have like External HDD/USB for your backup in case of emergency.

Optional suggestiin: Add Lastpass as your password manager to store sensitive information securely.
Think i should of put i have Lenovo One Key that came with the computer. I also have 50gig box account were my important stuff gets backed up to thank you for the feedback.

Spartansfight

Thread author
Jan 31, 2015
Update. Removed Avira kept on blocking ports that Plex was using no idea why. So installed baidu antivirus & baidu PC faster Zemana antilogger free & Zemana AntiMalware beta. Testing any feedback on Baidu software mixed reviews on the net.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.