Oct 26, 2011
RE: SqooK^ Config

AyeAyeCaptain said:
Firefox browser along with...
WOT
ABP
NoScript
Ghostery

Job done, or you could go with Chrome or Dragon (v15 of dragon is lightning fast) as they have their tabs sandboxed, firefox don't ave that but I still find that does not matter given the add-ons you can use.... As for IE, sorry does not matter which version it is, cannot seem to get the thought of the browser been tied to the OS no matter how hard they try to tell us it's not...

Keep ya Active... /.exe to yaself thanks hehe.

How are you finding Wondershare? Actually have free license, but not got round to testing it yet.
I do not know what to say! I used this software (Wondershare), and ... after a few days ... Windows starup is crash (not start )!!! I was forced to use "Last Known Good Configuration" to start Windows. I mention that I had no problems before or after using this software!
OK! Now, this is what had happened to me. I do not want to generalize.

SqooK^

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 1, 2011

Thanks all :) wondershare, I agree with you.

Norton Ghost nice software.

I

illumination

AyeAyeCaptain said:
I use KIS too (simple enough to turn on and forget for complete novice users) on one of the family machines on my network... out of interest which was the last version you tried and why did it bring you trouble?

KIS is like many other suites, you can leave it straight out of the box for minimum protection, or you can "tweak" all of the advanced settings for maximum protection. Either way, it is a powerful suite and will keep you well protected!

I

illumination

Jack said:
You are using KIS 2012 right?If yes , you can use this guide to increase Kaspersky's protection.

Additional browser protection:
WOT (Free) - link
To help you avoid malicious sites you can use Web of Trust (WOT) a website rating browser plugin. After you add it to your browser make sure you only visit websites rated "Green" by WOT

LastPass (Free) - link
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

PS. Welcome aboard!

KIS has built in URL Advisor, so would be no need for WOT... Personally i would trust the URL advisor more then WOT.. The advisor in settings can be set up to check ALL URL's...

Last edited by a moderator:

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011

Thumbs up to that thewolfsmith72. No need for WOT when your suite already have a URL Advisor.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Beside for other suggested by our members, your good to go.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: SqooK^ Config (Update 22.12.2012)

Did you try using Windows 8 with UAC enabled?

I've not encountered an UAC prompt once since I've installed.

SqooK^

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 1, 2011

Yes, I have tried.

but unnecessary : )

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
I've not encountered an UAC prompt once since I've installed.

really, it prompt me normally like win7

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

No, I haven't installed many applications.

Interactive ESET, but cannot handle UAC prompts, seems weird. :p

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
RE: SqooK^ Config Windows 8 Pro Config

Yes Safari for Windows is dead, no longer will receive updates from Apple but your are not out of luck. Japanese vendor "Fenrir Inc." still updates the original Safari for Windows, their browser is called "Sleipnir for Windows".

It basically has the same look and feel as Safari for Windows but has some added features.

Enjoy!!:D

SqooK^

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 1, 2011
RE: SqooK^ Config Windows 8 Pro Config

yes safari dead : ) and any reason why you' re keeping safari ? ?

safari low cpu, low ram and stable browser ++ extensions more

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.