Starchild's Security Stronghold

S

starchild76

Thread author
This is my new config. I run 360 with all engines enabled. although I have mbae and online armor running in realtime , I do not notice any slowdown.....is there anything to ad? please comment :p

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Except that I use w7 is the same as I have .

Well, the truth is removed Online Armor free because Qihoo already HIPS and I hear it's an abandoned or close to this project. I dont know.I've been using the windows firewall four months and I do not change

Ah ! Also I removed Adblock / Adblock plus for ublock , more powerful and lighter. @yigido explained in this link how install it on Firefox , I have it in cyberfox and Firefox and goes perfect .

example 1: ublock 3 Adblock Plus 0

upload_2015-1-25_11-49-37.png

example 2: ublock 67 Adblock Plus 57

upload_2015-1-25_11-51-5.png

http://malwaretips.com/threads/µblock-lightweight-adblocker.28930/page-3#post-334948

Greetings friend ... Vinnie Vincent again ;)

S

starchild76

Thread author
thanks for the comments guys : I whas toggeling on and off with various combos , after the departing with my great love AVG ( was a former fanboy for anyone who did not know ) after some differences between them and me. I like this set up : oa and ts work well for me , although ts has high ram usage with all engines enabled...with comodo firewall I had huge slowdowns regarding systemtasks , copy/pasting opeing files and folders and internet speed. @Sr.Normal : I really hope emsi will continue develloping the product because it suites me nicely :p I have tried Ublock and did not like the way it interviened with my internet speed and caused huge slowdowns. @Malware Test : we are couple of shock rockers dressed in black leather and 6" leather heels :p

Last edited by a moderator:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
As Sr. Normal said you should consider changing your Firewall, since OA is going to abandoned by Emsisoft, with another one.
Since you have slowdowns with Comodo Firewall i would like to recommend Windows Firewall. I use it with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and i don't have any problem.
But if you want a third party firewall i would recommend ZoneAlarm or SpyShelter firewall.For more details you have to ask other members who used this product's.
By the way your config i believe is really solid and strong i like it;)
Thanks for sharing and i hope i have helped:)

S

starchild76

Thread author
As Sr. Normal said you should consider changing your Firewall, since OA is going to abandoned by Emsisoft, with another one.
Since you have slowdowns with Comodo Firewall i would like to recommend Windows Firewall. I use it with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and i don't have any problem.
But if you want a third party firewall i would recommend ZoneAlarm or SpyShelter firewall.For more details you have to ask other members who used this product's.
By the way your config i believe is really solid and strong i like it;)
Thanks for sharing and i hope i have helped:)

:( sad news regarding the news on online armor! do you have a link for me from emsisoft confirming it is going to abandon o.a.? had zonealarm free before , but it has al those unwated extra's bundled which makes me never want to use them again. thanks for liking my config....I like it too :p maybe windows firewall control from binisoft is woth a try. thanks for the spyshelter tip , but like most I rather have free alternatives ;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Sorry i can't provide you with a link about OA:( it's something i read on the internet but more as a rumoro_O, i don't know if it's true.
The help i can give you right now is this http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/
But i want you to consider Windows Firewall. For me is good enough and if you install sandboxie ( free ) i think you will be just fine;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.