Starchild's Security Stronghold

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I like your configuration, starchild; and I enjoyed reading everyone's comments and suggestions.:)
A big minor change I've made recently to UAC was scaling it back a notch, and setting it to default "Notify me when apps make changes...Never notify me when I make changes.." on Window 8.1 whereas our Windows 7 is somewhat different, and has the setting to max.

One of my core extensions for Firefox is NoScript. Every member of the Kiss Army should give it a try!;):D

S

starchild76

Thread author
have got an answer back from emsi customer support and my wild guess is that I for sure will be having to take a look into a different firewall when they will discontinue this wonderfull product. I will keep it untill that day comes.

quote from emsi :

Thank you for contacting our support.

I can just cite my colleague Fabian who posted in our forum, "We are currently evaluating the Online Armor sales and user numbers since the EIS release. There is no definitive decision that I could share at the moment., but expect an announcement (positive or negative) soon.". You might want to take a look at this thread: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/1...it-has-not-received-a-core-update-since-2013/

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,

Thomas Ott
Customer Support

S

starchild76

Thread author
some improvements :

realtime : Emsisoft Internet Security ( adjusted firewall settings ), unchecky
systemhardening : emet 5.1 ( max settings )
second opinion cloud scanning : zemana anti malware ( stable release )
backup : ax64 timemachine

Reactions: Sr. Normal
S

starchild76

Thread author
AVG is (preferably) a much safer 'syndrome' for you than many others could be!:D

how true that is cats , spoken like a real gentleman! avg gives me comfort when I need it , makes me feel safe when I am insecure , hurts me when she has her " period " of bugs and stubborness...... just like a woman : a kitty that cannot be touched without gloves :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Some changes ; back to the old AVG habbit again :) me and @yigido seem to suffer from this syndrome *** lol ***

yigido has a love-hate relation ship with comodo and I have this with AVG highschool sweethearts will change you for better or worse ;)
I use AVG on my sons machine and i like it. It is easy to use and has great GUI going for it. :D:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.