SterJo NetStalker Detect Kill Bad Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
SterJo NetStalker light portable free firewall - monitor, detect / kill! all unauthorized bad malware connections / processes, so keep more safe.

SterJo NetStalker NEW v.1.0 from March 31, 2013, 20:11 (precedent software version name: Portable Firewall Free).
SterJo NetStalker is innovative easy, light and FREE portable security software able to detect all authorized and unauthorized connections to your computer and send you confirmation alert for each new bad evil connection.
It does keep an eye on internet network connections in real-time, keep your network secure.
Code digitally signed. Free for personal or commercial use.
In Options and Preferences tabs, are notched: 'Filter traffic', and 'Show blocked attempt in popup balloon'.
This light portable software protects, watch on your computer with real-time monitoring. Keep your PC more safe.

NetStalker version 1.0 - 700x515 Sh100.jpg
ipFZxje.jpg

Download of the latest version (1.1 now, which is slightly broken, sadly! ..) on the Home page: sterjosoft.com : http://www.sterjosoft.com/netstalker.html

Download of the version 1.0 .zip folder (766 KB), which works very good, on this afterdawn.com link (click on: 'Downloading SterJo NetStalker (portable) v1.0...'): and first, reject the 207 KB installer ..portable_v1.0.exe with its bundled adwares, and then the 830KB folder of the 1.1 version, please! : www .afterdawn.com/software/general/download_splash.cfm/sterjo_netstalker_portable

The bubble notification near the system tray:
SterJo-NetStalker_Notification.png

- image from addictivetips.com : NetStalker Is A Rule-Based Firewall For Easy Internet Monitoring & Filtering : http://www.addictivetips.com/window...for-rule-based-internet-monitoring-filtering/

'The software is based on similar principles as most firewalls work and also could create a custom security policies with an advantage to run it totally portable. It serves as an entry point into your computer and instantly informs you about all the processes able to establish a connection with an external network.
If making an analysis of all open ports on your system with a standard port scanner would take a few minutes, with this program it would be done only in a few milliseconds. This is also quite powerful software for making analysis of all running processes on your system as well as those that look suspicious.
The program offers an option to display details about all connections and closing individual connection or entire process.
If you are one of those who want to know exactly where your connections are targeted then this program is the ideal solution for you.'

- So I downloaded the Portable version, netstalker.zip - 772 KB.

NetStalker.exe (this version 1.0: from March 31, 2013, 20:11) : Use Memory (Working Set in Process Hacker ..): 6.54 MB, 103 Handles, 1 Thread. Very light.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
NetStalker works perfectly. It blocks here ..

Small report on the NetStalker popup 'BLOCKED CONNECTION':

'- has blocked activity to your computer!
Remote Address: 113.107.43.72
Service: -
.. .. '

Then I check this IP with some online services:

URLquery.net Report: http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=2172963
Suricata Alert: ET TROJAN Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Agent.qqf Checkin

VirusTotal 113.107.43.72 IP address information: https://www.virustotal.com/en/ip-address/113.107.43.72/information/

So thank you for protecting me, NetStalker ..

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
So anyone downloaded NetStalker, please ?..

It's must have malware connections blocker, cutter, I think ..

What you think about, please

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hmm, maybe it's my Windows XP SP2 problem? .. Look:
- The nevest (from 2013 too) Sterio NetStalker version 1.1 has big problem, this bug: under 'Filter' tab, we have all the four options notched, but at the top is 'No Filter' option, so this option 'works' after each restart of the software ..
So the helpful 'Filter Traffic' option (on the second place sadly) is not memorisable, too bad. Manually notched every time after start of GUI - works, but ..

Sterjo NetStalker v1.0 'Security' tab - Filter Traffic to notch.jpg
mLd3qtD.jpg

Sterjo NetStalker v1.1 - 'Filter' tab - the bug location.jpg
PXw6LKu.jpg

Too in this 1.1 version: I see two new buttons: Web (= NetStalker homepage) and Facebook. - I don't need these, personally.

So I stick with the precedent version 1.0 - that under 'Security' tab, has notched always: 'Filter Traffic'.

For Download link of the 1.0 version I found - look on the first topic' Post, please.
- Or too: afterdawn.com download portable NetStalker link: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/general/download_splash.cfm/sterjo_netstalker_portable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.