Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 features a more efficient and effective scanning engine that helps detect threats other products may not see on your system!

Light. Powerful. Effective. FAST. - an all new scanning engine provides fast scanning while being able to detect even the most stubborn threats!

All New Interface provides easy access to all important tools and features while presenting itself in an easy-to-use layout!

Enhanced Real-Time Protection helps detect threats before they enter your system - so light on system resources you won't know it's running!

Smaller/Faster Definition Updates reduce the load on your system while updates are being downloaded and applied!

Power Scheduling of definition updates, quick, complete and custom scans - uses the Windows Task Scheduler for maximum flexibility!

Superantispyware

Download Superantispyware 5 Limited Pre Release

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
I hope they improved the real-time protection. SAS is a great on-demand scanner, but their real-time protection kinda failed last time I tested it.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Quick scan times are about neck and neck. A quick scan with MBAM took 2:24. A quick scan with SAS took 2:14.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well on this version they must definitely improved from detection.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
I've had this for a while (look around the SAS forum every now and again, even though it's not very active, the SAS team post details of the latest works and offer beta tests there) and I must say that it has definitely improved in terms of interface, it looks much less dated in comparison to it's previous style. It feels much more like a proper security program now.
Awesome job SAS! (For if you just happen to be searching malware tips, which I doubt)

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
From what I can see the SAS team did it's job, I hope the scans will be fast on the portable version aswell, because every single time I used it on somebody's computer I did a quick scan and it would take more than 10 minutes...(even if I had ran Ccleaner first)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just tested it I like the overall UI especially the updater which is more orderly.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes when you open a program it will notified automatically for having a new version available.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Downloaded and install it....The UI looks ok ,but I feel like it can be improved...make it more modern,nevertheless it's an major improvment from v4. :D
The new layout for all the features is much more usefriendly.So Good job on that.
[attachment=148]

I've scanned my PC ...and yes the scanning times have definitely improved:

Critical Point Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:01:32
Memory items scanned : 496
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 59379
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 7197
File threats detected : 0

[attachment=146]

Quick Scan
Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:03:24
Memory items scanned : 539
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 59379
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 10264
File threats detected : 3
[attachment=147]
manage to detect 3 cookies:D

Also it starts by default with Windows even for the Free Version but this time the process is much faster. :p

Attachments

• Critical.png
    Critical.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 577
  • Quick Scan.png
    Quick Scan.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 566
  • UI.png
    UI.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 543

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Quick and very simple on demand scan to test SuperAntiSpyware 5.0 Pre-Release.

Conclusion:
SAS detected just 1 threat.... I know... It's in Pre Release..but come on.

Last edited:

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
LOL.....................Thats all I need to know. Good bye SAS again. Wasnt using it for about 2 years. Guess its back to just MBAM and HMP.

I am sending this video to SuperAntispy who is a SAS developer.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
LOL.....................Thats all I need to know. Good bye SAS again. Wasnt using it for about 2 years. Guess its back to just MBAM and HMP.
LOL :p ...This is still in Pre Release stage so the SAS Team might improve the final product..(not likely but you never know) ....I've recorded this video because I always do this kind of test so It maked sens to recorded.... :p But I will test again SAS 5 Final when it will be released..maybe it will be better ..who knows:p

G

Guest28

I'm hopping it will improve i think Ad-ware lavasoft probably could have done a better job than what SAS did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.