SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 limited Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Also as you mentioned in your video jack. It's a small sample set you tested SAS against. No point dismissing it yet while it's still in a pre-release phase Diesel. I know it's not looking good though :p

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Statistically relevant or not 1/20 sounds bad enough to determine me not to use SAS as the 3rd on-demand scanner. Maybe I'll use Emsisoft instead (although in the AV-Comp review it has many fp-s).

It might help to do a scan on the same samples with the current official release of SAS...maybe it's a bug in the pre-release version :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems a surprise there its 1/20 while the other three did well they must really improved with signatures.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Dieselman said:
LOL.....................Thats all I need to know. Good bye SAS again. Wasnt using it for about 2 years. Guess its back to just MBAM and HMP.

I am sending this video to SuperAntispy who is a SAS developer.

He is the CEO, and i doubt he would care about such a small sample set.

Quick scan currently takes 29 seconds on my computer.

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:00:29

Operating System Information
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
UAC Off - Administrator

Memory items scanned : 598
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 59283
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 10158
File threats detected : 2

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the changelog for the new build version was:

The primary change was the "trusted/allowed" items had a small fix that was required.

Wilders Post no. 90 by SUPERAntiSpy

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Doesn't matter.......................What threats did it find on your pc? I love when people say small samples don't matter. I work for an engineering company. Believe me when we are testing beta products and 19 fail out of 20......................The presses stop. Emergency kicks in and everybody is curious to see what happened. No one says "Well it was only 20 pumps". Whatever. So if 11 apples are bad in a bag full of 12 you will still buy it? NOT.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is the download still working? When I click on it, it keeps on downloading with no limit. :S

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No need to worry its normal when you download SAS there is no limit just wait after it finish.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Dieselman said:
Doesn't matter.......................What threats did it find on your pc? I love when people say small samples don't matter. I work for an engineering company. Believe me when we are testing beta products and 19 fail out of 20......................The presses stop. Emergency kicks in and everybody is curious to see what happened. No one says "Well it was only 20 pumps". Whatever. So if 11 apples are bad in a bag full of 12 you will still buy it? NOT.

It detected 2 files i had sat in a folder on my desktop. You cannot compare this test to manufacturing or retail. So if SAS detected all 20 samples in this test would you do a U turn and start using SAS again and declare it was better the both MBAM and HitmanPro. No you would say it was a lucky day for SAS with the sample set and you would need more data to see if it can be reproduced. (At least thats what any logical person would do)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
If 11 apples are bad in a bag full of 12, it doesn't mean that most apples in the world are bad (if a product fails to detect 11 out of 12 samples it doesn't meant that it will fail to detect most malware in the wild)... just turning words around (joking). Anyway we can all agree that the results in this test are bad for SAS. We can wait for the final release to be tested and argue then :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
SAS test results in all my test were never that good...Always a disappointment,and so far SAS 5 dosen't seem to be "THAT VERSION"....the version who will drastically improve SAS detection.....
Maybe we aren't testing it right..maybe I should use only spyware....who knows:p

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Very true Tweak. I got into a heated argument with SuperAntispy. I asked him why SAScore.exe needs to be running even on the free on demand version. He said for better protection and removal of malware. I came back and said "Well MBAM and HMP remove more malware then SAS and they dont need a service running". I showed him the video of SAS only detecting 1/20 samples. His reply was more like "I dont care". Whatever. Reminds me of Comodo. Bring up a problem to them and then deny any wrong doing.

psyside1

Mar 23, 2011
SAS is getting weaker, over time. They just cant follow Mbam, EAM, or neither HMP, this products are much better then SAS.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well just not to expect for having always updating signatures for SAS and when it perform the test samples are not detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.