TechHelper's 2nd Config

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
could you tell me in a short form how does System Center Endpoint Protection work and is it effective for home users ?
nice config

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I believe whatever you choose you will be very satisfied, i am using Palemoon for over a year and i am very happy with it,is very stable and fast.Previous i used Cyberfox and i really liked it so i don't think you 'll go wrong with any of them;):).
Thanks for sharing your config it's very good :)

TechHelper

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
could you tell me in a short form how does System Center Endpoint Protection work and is it effective for home users ?
nice config
I honestly cannot tell you. I know it is for corporate companies to ensure security while using personal/commercial devices. It might be overkill for home use but I use it anyway since it was a gift.

Reactions: toto

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good, as long you lock it up to avoid any unwanted incidents since you stated its a shared computer.

Reactions: TechHelper

TechHelper

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
So far so good, as long you lock it up to avoid any unwanted incidents since you stated its a shared computer.
I don't think my mom will hack me lol :p

I believe whatever you choose you will be very satisfied, i am using Palemoon for over a year and i am very happy with it,is very stable and fast.Previous i used Cyberfox and i really liked it so i don't think you 'll go wrong with any of them;):).
Thanks for sharing your config it's very good :)
Would I need to use CyberFox instead of Google Chrome or just a backup? Plus, why does one need a backup browser?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jamescv7

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Would I need to use CyberFox instead of Google Chrome or just a backup? Plus, why does one need a backup browser?

There is a chance A web page or it's function won't work in Webkit engine or Gecko engine. The idea is to have a second chance for compatibility. Your browser can also get infected and non functional, a backup browser is always good stuff.
As the crew above, I use Pale Moon x64 since it uses better my Windows x64 and compatible x64 cpu, and my 8GB ram. If you run a x64 windows with the required system resources running a native x64 browser like Pale Moon is great. Also Pale Moon has way better privacy than Chrome and Firefox.
PD: Cyberfox is also good

TechHelper

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
There is a chance A web page or it's function won't work in Webkit engine or Gecko engine. The idea is to have a second chance for compatibility. Your browser can also get infected and non functional, a backup browser is always good stuff.
As the crew above, I use Pale Moon x64 since it uses better my Windows x64 and compatible x64 cpu, and my 8GB ram. If you run a x64 windows with the required system resources running a native x64 browser like Pale Moon is great. Also Pale Moon has way better privacy than Chrome and Firefox.
Well put, thanks. I downloaded CyberFox and I'll try Pale Moon.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014

darko999 you are inside my head;),you wrote exactly what i was thinking.These are the reasons why we should always have a second browser on our system:).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.