Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
COMODO Internet Security Premium 10 (Custom Setting), MCsheild, unchecky
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger Premium, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Hitman pro
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Ghrome ( IDM Integration Module,ZenMate Security, Privacy & Unblock VPN, uBlock Origin,Canavas)
Maintenance tools
Process Lasso, Wisecare 365, Kerish Doctor and ccleaner
File and Photo backup
Beyond Compare 4
System recovery
Acronis True Image 2016 (usb)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I am truly fascinated by the positive impressions I have read about Windows 10, and look forward to yours.:)

If you are still a user of Google Chrome x64, you may consider giving another quality Chromium browser a spin,
which, in my personal experience, I've found noticeably more responsive on each of our our three: Windows 8.1, 7 SP 1, & linux lubuntu systems.:):)
Quote from their FAQ: "Slimjet doesn't collect any data associated with the user's identity."
..plus (similarly to LastPass) "All...quickfill form files...protected with your master password are encrypted using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard ) with key length of 256 bits."

By the way, your configuration continues to look very good!:D
Thnx and i will give it a try ;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Updated:
ADDED
ESET NOD32,
COMODO FW (Customized),
SpyShelter free Anti-keylogger

Updated:
VMWare Workstation 12
other update in thread

Replaced:
AIMP3 instead of Winamp
Good changelog, ESET is very good and fast to scan, SpyShelter is one of the best anti-keylogger and the other updates make your config better, thanks for sharing ;)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Removed:
- ESET NOD32
- COMODO FW
- SpyShelter free Anti-keylogger
- Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional ------> replaced with Defraggler
- Acronis true Image 2016 (usb) ------> replaced with Macrium

Added:
EXE Radar Pro
Beyond Compare 4

• Each AV have its weakness and can be bypassed so nothing better than prevention + speedy system

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Removed:
- ESET NOD32
- COMODO FW

Added:
EXE Radar Pro
Beyond Compare 4

• Each AV have its weakness and can be bypassed so nothing better than prevention + speedy system
Yes, I agree. To coin a well known phrase, "..an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.", and NVT EXE Radar Pro is a renowned prevention.:cool: An exceptional choice for an exceptional configuration.:):)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Macrium Reflect is a nice addition. ;)

Yes, its fast, reliable, and not bloated as acronis TI + its free

Yes, I agree. To coin a well known phrase, "..an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.", and NVT EXE Radar Pro is a renowned prevention.:cool: An exceptional choice for an exceptional configuration.:):)
Thanx :)..

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Removed:
- ESET NOD32
- COMODO FW

Added:
EXE Radar Pro
Beyond Compare 4

So, good update thanks for sharing it ;)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Update:
Added: Eset Smart Security v.9 ( Hips on Smart mode, Firewall: interactive, Pup enabled)
Disabled: Windows Defender, Windows Firewall

I noticed that hips on smart mode in v.9 was improved over v.8 so I will stay with this config. for awhile

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Update:
Added: Eset Smart Security v.9 ( Hips on Smart mode, Firewall: interactive, Pup enabled)

I noticed that hips on smart mode in v.9 was improved over v.8 so I will stay with this config. for awhile
Good move.
I agree wholeheartedly with Secondmineboy!:) The positive experiences of many members here & the high compatibility rate of ESET with numerous systems & system processes contribute to it's continued use as being among the favorite configuration choices in our home!

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Update:

Good update, I also think that the new version of Eset Smart Security is really improved, also for speed and for the impact on system resources. Thanks for sharing ;)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Update:

Removed:
- Eset Smart security
- EXE Radar
- Defraggler
- Process Lasso

Enabled:
- Windows Defender
- Windows Firewall
- Shadow Defender ( from on-demand to real-time )
- Windows Defragment and Optimize Drives

Added:
PatchMyPC

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
what are all the windows update dir. and registry keys in win 10 to exclude from shadow defender without exit shadow mode ?

Merry xmas to all MalwareTips members

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.