The Forensics Game (For NSA Spies)

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
So this is an interesting little game I've just randomly thought of, based on the whole 'thread games' thing.

The object of the game is to reply to this thread with an answer to a previous question about the previous poster and a question for the next poster to find out about you ;)

It's better explained by an example:

EG:- The first post might be:

Does Cowpipe Like Donuts?

Followed by:

I searched Cowpipe's posts for any mention of donuts but couldn't find any, he doesn't mention anywhere on MT what foods he likes. To try and find out, I posted a picture of some donuts on another thread which he liked. He didn't reply with anything negative like 'ew donuts' or 'I hate donuts, they're disgusting' so he probably does like donuts. Just to be safe, I searched for any references to cowpipe being fat, but couldn't find any, which would suggest he's either hiding this fact or maybe he eats donuts in moderation ;)

Do I like to have pillow fights with the MT admins on my day off?

---------------------------------

Obviously the questions and answers can be a bit silly (keep it clean :p), but the idea is to use searching techniques and maybe even some social engineering to find some facts to form a part of your answer. The idea is not to get caught trying to find out the information you need, so if you were looking to find out whether or not I like donuts, and you ask me something about donuts, you would be caught and you should write about your spectacular failure and subsequent firing from the NSA in your answer...

(Remember to make use of google to avoid having to trawl through people's individual posts on here, often searching for a members name and some keywords is enough to get an answer ;) be smart like the NSA)

Not sure whether or not this game will take off but what the heck, it's worth a shot.

First person to reply posts a question for the next poster to try to find an answer to, and then the game continues like the example above, with their answer and a question for someone to answer about them :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.