Guide | How To The Ultimate Guide to Secure your Online Browsing

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Turning on "Tell sites that I do not want to be tracked" really does not help. Websites that want to track you simply does not care what you want them to do.

Reactions: Warrior and Kent

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Interesting way to plug Heimdal Security ,
A more Interesting way to plug it would be ( hi i am Alin Vlad would anyone like a free year licence to try out Heimdal Pro )
the best way to get new users is to get people interested in the product ,

Reactions: Kent

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Old hat for techies I suppose, but it looks useful and interesting to me. Thanks for the post.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
No 30 days trial, no Paypal pay possible
So you can you do not reasonable testing

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
While i appreciate the info (as its better then none at all) i have to say that there are much better guides then what the article says.
The article is based upon 1990 technology and strategy with some links and word play towards the present day.
To be honest its not useful. Here on MT you will find enough posts that are much better then what that article says.

Cheers

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
you could mention using the "winhelp2002" HOSTS file:

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

HostsMan is great. On my previous hard drive I had MVPS HOSTS, and I was constantly being blocked from legitimate, perfectly harmless commercial websites. I would have to go edit my HOSTS file with HostsMan, removing the wrongly blocked sites (for example, ClickBank), to get relief. On my current hard drive I have not had MVPS HOSTS, and I have not suffered this blocking.

amvlad

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 3, 2011
Interesting way to plug Heimdal Security ,
A more Interesting way to plug it would be ( hi i am Alin Vlad would anyone like a free year licence to try out Heimdal Pro )
the best way to get new users is to get people interested in the product ,

Good idea. I'm thinking to do a giveaway here. Stay tuned! :)

It looks useless.. I saw more helpful post than this.
Sorry

As i said, any feedback is much appreciated. I would be grateful if you can give us more details. I must mention that the guide is targeted for the "average joe". :)

Old hat for techies I suppose, but it looks useful and interesting to me. Thanks for the post.

Thanks. Great to hear that.

No 30 days trial, no Paypal pay possible
So you can you do not reasonable testing

TBH, we're working on both of your suggestions already. Paypal will be added very soon. The trial needs some development, both on the backend side and software. But i think to that is very important that users will be able to try the full product before making the purchase decision. Thanks.

While i appreciate the info (as its better then none at all) i have to say that there are much better guides then what the article says.
The article is based upon 1990 technology and strategy with some links and word play towards the present day.
To be honest its not useful. Here on MT you will find enough posts that are much better then what that article says.

Cheers

Glad you found the spare time to write this feedback. As i said, this guide is for beginner/medium home PC users.

alin, regarding IE, you should recommend setting the security-settings for the "intranet zone" to high, too..

you should have mentioned the "noscript" addon, for "firefox".. it is critical, if one wants to have a secure browser:

http://noscript.net/

you could mention using the "winhelp2002" HOSTS file:

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

and "spywareblaster":

http://www.brightfort.com/spywareblaster.html

AWESOME. Thanks. I will talk with Aurelian (the article author) to add this to. Thanks a lot.

@amvlad, for secure online browsing with internet explorer you can also use trend micro safesurfing for free.

quote " surf the internet comfortably and safely with trend micro safeSurfing. safesurfing integrates protections from the industry leading trend micro internet security into a modern web browser to protect you and your family. " unquote

source : http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/e...esurfing/22b0bde2-62cf-4844-940d-568d56649f6d

Thanks. Good addendum. :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
it looks like a nice program but i have a question. does this support other browsers?i"m asking this because i use palemoon as my maim browser and sometimes internet explorer and i want to know if i can use it:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.