ThePierrezou's Configuration

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
What's your UAC setting level ?
How come you change Antiviruses and Browsers often ?

Reactions: NSG001

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone!

You know, it's a bit weird to see your Configuration Thread so much time later after you signed up to MT, as if you've done it only for being able to participate at some Giveaways ;P

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hello everyone!

You know, it's a bit weird to see your Configuration Thread so much time later after you signed up to MT, as if you've done it only for being able to participate at some Giveaways ;P
Some members have never bothered to post a config or they have but after switching to XenForo they cannot find it so they post another.Its a requirement now for MT giveaways so this is not a problem especially for a long time active member

Thanks for sharing your config :) UAC setting? Any backup solution? any Privacy software?

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Some members have never bothered to post a config or they have but after switching to XenForo they cannot find it so they post another.Its a requirement now for MT giveaways so this is not a problem especially for a long time active member

Thanks for sharing your config :) UAC setting? Any backup solution? any Privacy software?

It's just a joke, don't worry :)

Reactions: Exterminator

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
thepierrezou said:
I have Emsisoft for this moment but i change regularly
Emsi should be fine, any problems with it, so why change ?

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I changed a lot of things.
Emsi should be fine, any problems with it, so why change ?
I don't need antivirus but i like to see if they got better, etc...
Sorry for the late reply haha (I didn't saw this message)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I changed a lot of things.

I don't need antivirus but i like to see if they got better, etc...
Sorry for the late reply haha (I didn't saw this message)

Actually, i suggest you to get one, better than leave your PC vulnerable. I seen a lot of peoples say " I don't need antivirus" but when their PC begin to perform sluggish, and i asked them run Malwarebytes Anti Malware scan. This is where their eyes pop out with all those infections on their PC. But if you don't have any 3rd party antivirus favorite just use Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Anti Malware(Premium) + Malwarebytes Anti Exploit(Free). It like open your debit card account without any protection at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Actually, i suggest you to get one, better than leave your PC vulnerable. I seen a lot of people says " I don't need antivirus" but when their PC begin to perform sluggish, and i asked them run Malwarebytes Anti Malware scan. This is where their eyes pop out with all those infections on their PC. But if you don't have any 3rd antivirus favorite just use Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Anti Malware(Premium) + Malwarebytes Anti Exploit(Free).
I believe experts know what they're doing. Although, I, myself, would also generally suggest an AV, they usually know better in terms of security. I think @thepierrezou is one of these experts. :D

Reactions: thepierrezou

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Actually, i suggest you to get one, better than leave your PC vulnerable. I seen a lot of people says " I don't need antivirus" but when their PC begin to perform sluggish, and i asked them run Malwarebytes Anti Malware scan. This is where their eyes pop out with all those infections on their PC. But if you don't have any 3rd antivirus favorite just use Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Anti Malware(Premium) + Malwarebytes Anti Exploit(Free).
I know what i am doing, i have some knowledge haha. No one av can protect better than my brain, only a firewall could be usefull but no one is really good on Windows, then i'm staying with the windows firewall.
Ps : Mbam premium is not that good with 0day, and MBAE don't protect browser like cyberfox with the free version. Windows defender is not really good too.

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello everyone!
It's my configuration :D
I am aware you just test Anti-Viruses, but although you may be an advanced user, you should at least have Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, UAC and Smartscreen - This is just light and basic - the essentials

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
@Anti-Malware Reviewer I really don't need antivirus, I know where I click and what to do.
But It's true for the firewall, everyone must have one, and I have always have one.
For Smartscreen I think it's just unseless unless you want to upload data and you're clicking everywhere.
Ps: Windows defender is really useless haha

Reactions: CMLew
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

@Anti-Malware Reviewer I really don't need antivirus, I know where I click and what to do.
But It's true for the firewall, everyone must have one, and I have always have one.
For Smartscreen I think it's just unseless unless you want to upload data and you're clicking everywhere.
I know, I always test it on a VM, it's better than nothing and it is improving, slowly...

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I updated my config. I don't use an antivirus, sometimes just security tools, I do it but if you don't know what you're doing just download an install an antivirus.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012

What about the exploit on sites ??? It can not affect a good site can be hacked.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I updated it, now there is a full protection. I don't know if i'll wil keep it like that. It's a test but if there is no problem I don't know why I would uninstall comodo/mbae :)

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

since you play with malwares, i highly suggest you to do it in a VM.

Reactions: thepierrezou

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.