thepooks config pc

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Surely I assume its Windows 8.1 Enterprise version?

UAC turned on? You mean Adblock Plus? You may go to the alternatives like Adguard extension or Ublock + followed by HTTPS Everywhere.

Backup? You may create system image and bootable recovery device in case of any problems occur.

No harm to add another on demand scanner like MBAM for security scan once a week.

Overall very fine and simplified configuration, ;)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Be sure to follow the advice from @jamescv7.

If would not suggest using AVG PC Tuneup as it is very likely that it will mess something up (if you would still like to use it, I would suggest you do a regular backup so you can restore all of your files)

Everything else is is fine, I do love how simple your configuration is.

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
If you do not have a backup solution may i suggest Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both have a very good free version. :)

If you do not have a portable HDD give Aomei One Key backup solution a try.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable UAC if not already enabled
Consider one or two more on demand scanners
Consider some type of back up solution if you do not have one
Consider adding a second browser

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I suggest you to install also BitDefender 60 virus scanner and Collusion extension for your browser, which allows you to know which websites are tracking you, this is very important.
You can also install Auslogics Disk Defrag to improve the speed of your PC. Thanks for sharing it :)

D

Deleted member 178

laDBnrsl.jpg

Reactions: JM Safe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.