TheSuperGeek's Security Configuration

Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Panda Free + Privatefirewall + Malwarebytes Anti-exploits + USB Control (and in windows VMs : Crystal security alone)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
VT Uploader, Malwarebytes
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
ublock origin, https everywere, WOT, Disconnect
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, AxCrypt, Sysinternals suite and nirsoft package
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
On top : My PC security config.
My pc is : HP 630 Notebook

Intel Core I3 x64 Chipset
Intel Embeded 3000 graphics
4 Go RAM DDR3
500Go HDD
320 Go External HDD (usb)
Wifi, Bluetooth

Software on my HP :
LINUX is my main OS => for the moment I use Fedora
WINDOWS (windows is just installed for gaming and music)
Games : Steam, RailroadTycoon 3, TheSims 1, OpenTTD, Minecraft
Productivity : SumatraPDF + IrfanView
A lots of Music software

My ARCHOS 9 PcTablet :
Intel ATOM prossessor
2Go RAM
60Go SSD
Emsisoft Emergency kit to scan 1x Mounthly.

That's all !

Last edited by a moderator:

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
What are you doing with all those windows? :p
Again you call yourself an expert but your computer got infected less than a months back! :D

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
@Klipsh : Thanks for the tips.
@sid_16 : I download a lot of programs (legally) and I catch a lot of virus, and adwares... But I scans all my pcs regularly.
For the os's : I've got a HP 630 Notebook with Windows 7 and 10. An Achos9 pctablet with xp. And I use xp Black Edit in Virtualbox to test some tweaks.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
On your tablet you can install Webroot Antivirus.
It's very light and it uses very little resources about 5 MB of RAM and 1-2% of CPU. Only while scanning it's using a bit more RAM.
The downside it's paid and it needs internet connection to provide better security because it's a cloud AV.
And read this thread for a great offer:http://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-secureanywhere-2015-4-99.43741/#post-367924
I hope i have helped;)

PrMi

Level 3
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Nice config. I would suggest removing Xvirus since it's signatures are not that good and takes up a bit of ram (My opinion).
And for AV, BD free is good but would be better to switch to the paid version since it provides better protection and a lot of giveaways are available.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.