App Review Threatfire Level 5 vs. Malware (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
He has been in and out, here and there, and DOWN UNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He lives in a beautiful land on a majestic piece of ground. I have seen his place and it is magnificent.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Greeting, Hello, Hi,

Can you install on Windows 8.1? Any conflicts with other Security Software's?
Nice Security Software Review! Thanks! :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
D

Deleted member 178

Gnosis is the ultimate MT champion for using abandonwares (WinXP, ThreatFire, CIS v3, Sandboxie v1, IE1, MSdos, etc...) :p

Reactions: Gnosis

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Can you install on Windows 8.1? Any conflicts with other Security Software's?
Nice Security Software Review! Thanks!

You can give it a shot if you like. It is very light. Once you establish your white-list, it will rarely bother you unless you are downloading new software. I used to disable it at that time, but now I leave it enabled because anytime new software wants to set itself up to start with Windows,
Threatfire will warn you every time, and you can kill/quarantine/remember this decision, and you won't have unecessary BS starting with Windows. Those buggers always try to mess with you that way. All that I have starting with Windows is WSA, and TF Level V. I honestly do not know of any conflicts with other security software. As long as you white-list each piece of security software both ways, that shall take care of clashes.

I doubt any harm will be done to try install on Windows 8. Regardless, make sure you have restore points.

We used to have a member that tested it vs. 15 malicious links, and 30+ malicious .exe's, and it kicked some serious tail. The only thing that appeared to get through also appeared to escape the VM being used, though we never confirmed, only speculated/theorized.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.