Tool to Show Parent-Child Process Needed - Help! Recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hello,

I use Kaspersky Internet Security.

Part of the Application Control module applies an "Inherit" rule to child processes.

If I set up a rule to "Block" for a file, any child process inherits the "Block" and it breaks the child process.

For example, if I "Block" Windows Explorer on Public Networks, all apps in the Windows file system will inherit this firewall rule.

As you might imagine, this is a problem when I do not know a process' children.

Is there a tool that I can use to show parent-child relationships without executing the apps... so that I can exclude the child processes from inheriting the parent restrictions?

In other words, I'm looking for a file-dependencies tool.

Thanks,

hjlbx

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I do not have enough knowledge to use the recommended tools.

What I'm searching for is a tool to show file run sequence.

For example,

Windows Explorer -> Internet Explorer; or

208v2oy.png

The above is from the Kaspersky Internet Security Task Manager. Using it is rough on system resources.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.