Guide | How To Top 5 Useful Add-ons On Mozilla Firefox

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
NoScript is so annoying.

Mod Edit: Unnecessary Quoting

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Lastpass only, i prefer enjoying my surf on a fast browser (in Sandboxie) rather than being slowdowned by addons where i have to click all the time (ex: Noscript), i know how to surf properly so i dont mind running without security addons.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

LucyN

Level 1
Verified
Jun 16, 2014
I use Noscript, Ghostery, & AdBlock Plus

I added Flashblock because I hate when websites start blaring out videos when you open them.

Remove this Permanently lets you choose elements that you never want to see, like ads, buttons and advertising videos. It has a lot of options. Right click on an area and a menu box shows the options. Hover over the option you want and it will put a red line around what will be removed so you don't remove too much. Handy for pages where I have to disable ad blocking to read the text. I just Remove the ads and they don't come back.

Also handy:
HttpsEverywhere sometimes breaks websites. For some reason, pcworld.com shows a blank page every time. I have to use Internet Explorer to view it. I keep Internet Explorer without addons, for some websites I can't otherwise view.

Hola Better Internet can be used to get around country blocking. I have it disabled unless I need it.

Reactions: Littlebits

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
1. Session Manager
Essential for people who like to retain tabs from session to session.
2. LastPass
Password manager I prefer to Roboform; haven't tried others. Generates and stores long, secure passwords for me. Available for virtually any browser.
3. Lazarus: Form Recovery
A real blessing; whatever I type into a browser will not be permanently lost no matter what glitch occurs
4. Tab Mix Plus
Lets me duplicate tabs and open a new tab adjacent to the current tab.
5. QuickJava
Easy way to enable/disable Java and Flash.

Add-ons Manager Context Menu enabled me to copy and paste the extension names.

Just added Shumway, hoping it will let me view videos without Flash and having to lug around the resource glutton Plugin Container.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
1) Xmarks
Xmarks is the #1 bookmarking and open tab add-on. Keep your bookmarks, and open tabs backed up and synchronized across computers and browsers.

2) Bitdefender Traffic light
TrafficLight is taking the security-while-browsing concept where it belongs: in the browser. This extension will add a strong layer of security over your browsing experience without inducing speed penalties or system resource consumption. Part of the processing is done in the cloud with some intelligent small engines that make various checks on pages you're visiting enabling you to have top notch antiphishing and antimalware protection.

Real Time: TrafficLight scans the pages you visit for malware and phishing attempts each and every time you access them to avoid the threat of legitimate but recently compromised websites.

3) Whois & Flags Firefox & Websites Popularity Rating
  • Display Country Flag indicating Website Physical Location
  • Website Popularity Info (Live Approximately Visitor Statistics). Shows how many users are visiting any World Website per day
  • Website IPv4 Address
  • Website IPv6 Address
  • Website Location (Country with Flag, State, City)
  • Host Name
  • DNS Information
  • Nameservers
  • Whois Owner Information
  • Hosting Company
  • Other Sites on this IP Address
  • IP Whois Lookup
  • Real-time visits analysis and Internet traffic stats

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.