TRAP EXCEPTION error in Recovery Console - SOLVED

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Recovery Console : TRAP 00010010 - EXCEPTION - NoCy NoZr IntDis Down TrapDis - error message.
Debka.com website hacked? I wanted to close this window only :

Debka News Updates: 'DEBKAfile will be closed temporarily for the maintenance time ..'

- after click to close this window, my desktop contents disappeared entirely! (which I found after the automatic restart of the PC).

What happens really - I don't know, but the reality is like this:

With this feral click my Windows restarted, monitor refreshed its dimensions, PC stopped some seconds at 'Welcome' screen, then I see desktop is empty .. no more icons .. NOTHING.

This happened today 17/09/2014, morning time (European time)!

This same, with the Safe Mode, tried all possibilities on the Safe Mode - and no results.
Example: 'Console de récupération de Windows XP' - Recovery Console : TRAP 00010010 - EXCEPTION - NoCy NoZr IntDis Down TrapDis .. and other inscriptions like: tr=FFFF cr0=00000000 cr2=00039000 cr3=00000060 gdt limit=03FF errcode=0000

EDIT:
I think now, that there are heating problem (the fans worked intensively), and click on Debka window have caused too much effort for some part of the electronics of a PC, which became damaged in the moment of the click. Failure of the processor, or power supply, I think for now ..
It's NOT the memory problem, I have changed the memory sticks - and this same problem still persist.

EDIT 2:
Culprit: ransomware trojan, Reveton - look on the next page posts, please ..

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
after click on this FAKE window, your Windows is deleted entirely!
It's not real
03a.gif

Just opened - it's okay
What malicious do you see on this site ?

Reactions: Kent and Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes, it's real here, on my Windows XP, sorry.

It's serious.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I don't know what is happened here, when I had clicked on this debka.com warning window, why at this exact time the PC closed the desktop, restarted - and since, seeing nothing on the desktop ..

On the web, someone says that this problem could be caused by the bad hardware, memory, or processor ..could be a damaged NTLDR file, BIOS, power supply .. but nothing is sure, cause anyone never solved this problem.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I have run the chkdsk /r command by cmd in Safe Mode, and after finished it says that all is okay.
But after that, still this same problem: no desktop icons, nothing ..

SkyboundSteven

Level 6
Verified
Jun 30, 2014
I have run the chkdsk /r command by cmd in Safe Mode, and after finished it says that all is okay.
But after that, still this same problem: no desktop icons, nothing ..
Maybe your computer was infected with domestic virus first, then the website triggered the payload.

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you, SkyboundSteven, for your response, but my computer was clean, sure.

Desktop is empty, no icons, no tray, clean surface, nothing.

i think now, that this could be hardware problem .. power supply, or processor?

maybe

SkyboundSteven

Level 6
Verified
Jun 30, 2014
Thank you, SkyboundSteven, for your response, but my computer was clean, sure.

Desktop is empty, no icons, no tray, clean surface, nothing.

i think now, that this could be hardware problem .. power supply, or processor?

maybe
Try booting with Linux, go to your disk, then start scanning for files you are looking for.
They might be moved to somewhere else or hidden.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I think now, that there are too much heating problem (the fans worked intensively), and click on Debka window have caused too much effort for some part of the electronics of a PC, which became damaged in the moment of the click. I think, damages of the processor, or power supply ..
It's NOT the memory problem, I have changed the memory sticks - and this same problem still persist.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
The power supply in a PC is a complex device using switch mode circuitry and transformers to generate + and -12v, for modems and communications ports. + and -5 volts for the logic circuitry, 3 volts for the processor (indeed: +3.3 volts).
- read from: http://www.answers.com/Q/What_voltages_are_supplies_by_the_power_supply_on_your_system

What are the 5 voltages produced by and BTX power supply? +12v -12v +5v -5v +3.3v
- this good response is from here: http://www.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_5_voltages_produced_by_and_BTX_power_supply

- So I checked the power supply output DC voltages in the power supply socket in my PC .. missed one: -5 volts.

I have not found -5 volts output ..

To be continued ..

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Well, all my voltages from Power Supply are good, I see now.
-5 volts - this is optional on never ATX-2 supplies, so it's normal that I don't have it.
Then my Power Supply is good, sadly ..
ATX 24 pin power supply connector pinout : http://pinouts.ru/Power/atx_v2_pinout.shtml

I think for now, that the processor is dead, cause its heatsink is cold ..

- any fuse of the voltage to the processor, what do you think about?

- if not, the motherboard is dead ..

- no beep sound and no screen on monitor. How to identify Dead Processor?

Last edited:

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Could you please let me know what exactly do you see - the login UI of Windows or the desktop (with your wallpaper)?

Also have you tried to run Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Escape)?

I don't think your processor or MB is dead. If that was the case, your computer won't run at all.

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you!
I see nothing on the screen, my blue wallpaper surface only (cause I have 'no wallpaper' wallpaper ..) - no icons from the desktop and no icons from search bar (Start button and others), no system tray icons, nothing! Clean blue surface.

Then I could get my Process Hacker, with Ctrl + Shift + Escape - thank you very much!

- processes tab is OK., usual. With right click/Search online command - I get the IE browser page, with the 'explorer.exe' search results!

EDIT:
We have another shortcut command from keyboard to launch the Task Manager directly: hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete ..

Last edited:

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Okay, can you confirm if "explorer.exe" and "winlogon.exe" are running?

Thanks!

PS: Have you tried running System Restore?

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
YES! are running these two, and all my 12 processes are running!
With this gift IE page thanks to Process Hacker, I'm able to get on MT website, logging OK. and now I send this post from my PC!

'Have you tried running System Restore?' - no possibility to reach Disk, none, I dont see, maybe special command from keyboard ?..

- blue screen of my 'no wallpaper' wallpaper ..

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I don't have any icon, none. No Start, nothing at the bottom, and nothing at the top .. of blue clean screen of my 'no wallpaper' ..
- no right click on the 'desktop' ..
so

- from Process Hacker log:
Process created: iexplore.exe started by ProcessHacker.exe ..
Services started: tapirsv, RasMan, kmixer - that's all
kmixer started, then stopped, then started, then stopped ..

Last edited:

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
What I meant is to run this process:

1. Open Process Hacker
2. From the "Hacker" menu choose "Run as Administrator..."
3. In the "Run" box type "rstrui.exe" and press Enter.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
With 'Run' command from Process Hacker (this first) - I see the window: 'Windows don't find 'rstrui.exe' ..'

This first command is called 'Run...' - not 'Run as Administrator'. But I'm administrator, of course.

Right click on process/Open File Location Ctrl+Enter don't work. Ctrl+Enter get the Properties window only.

In the Services tab, all services seems to be OK., many running, many stopped .. like always

Explorer.exe: Working Set (= Memory Use): 3.32 MB, Handles: 31, Threads: 1. - only! not normal I think. Normally, explorer.exe has 14 to 16 MB here, after the restart of computer ..
And many csrss.exe R+O calls that don't stop to growing - NOT normal!
CPU Contex Switches more than 1 397 000 ..
CPU System calls: 9 000 000 and don't stop to growing!

PS. Do you know the keyboard commands to get on Windows - eg. for rstrui.exe !!! hmmm - 'Windows key + D' - don't show my desktop ..

.. my CPU, processor is cold. Fan works.
- but my HD is hot, very hot .. 38°C - measured with home thermometer!

- this IE window is not mine, with one tab only, but from Process Hacker. My IE window had many tabs, 6 or 7 ..

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I had done the restore, but no result, still this same problem.

The restore command, in Safe Mode with cmd.exe (SAFEBOOT_OPTION=Minimal (Alternate Shell)) is :

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

- from this Microsoft link:
How to start the System Restore tool by using the safe mode option with the Command prompt in Windows XP : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/en

PS.
This same result, if in Normal Mode, in Process Hacker, I click on Hacker tab/Run, then with this same restore command: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe - I have the System Restore window.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.