App Review Trend Micro Internet Security 2015 vs Zero day Scriptor

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Today I’ll wrap up the video series with a quick test of Trend Micro Internet Security 2015. Although used at the Enterprise level as well as by Home users (a current darling at Wilders) I personally have never been impressed. Quite frankly I only did an initial run of TM just for personal chuckles, never expecting to do a video of it; then while varying the UAC levels I noticed something unusual.

To change the action of UAC for individual applications is nothing unknown and can be easily done from the Admin prompt. But I don’t ever remember seeing a legitimate application decrease system-wide (without any documentation and/or alerts) a previously User set environmental variable and also suppress any notification from that variable. I thought it rather outrageous, and perhaps so will you (it is definitely more egregious than some program asking to change your Home Page to Yahoo).

That being said, I hope you have enjoyed the videos and I hope to be back in a few months (should have been a few weeks but it seems some people don’t understand “Please don’t hold any Press Conferences until we have things in place”. Perhaps it should have been said in Chinese).

M

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks for these tests, almost all security solutions didnt pass your zero day scriptor :p

Trend Micro is nice but bugged as hell, they need to do some serious rework in their engine and protection modules.

Reactions: Moose

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Because of the awesome music, I have almost fell asleep while watching it. its 3 in the night here, so it is obvious to feel sleepy. :)

Anyways, great video! :) Thank you for your kind efforts ! :)

Reactions: Venustus and Moose

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.