Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2015 BETA 2 vs Malware Pack (Manzaitest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Product name
Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2015 BETA 2
Pros
  • + Very beautiful interface
    + Trend Micro block the malware in the run
    + Light
CONS
- Slow and bad scan ( thanks proactivity ^^ )

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Next time open infection info in hitman to see path please.

(taskmgg.exe runing and undetected in hitman)

I think in a clean (infected on test) computer Herdprotect it's better (in 2nd scan, in first herd need send some files to own servers)

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Not a real test. You didn't run any files, trend micro remove all unknown company files.
A basic user, will run, whenever "suspect" detected file if he trust the author. So, this test is not really valable..

But, altrought, i like the UI :)

Reactions: Neno and RmG152

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica
M

Manzai

Thread author
Not a real test. You didn't run any files, trend micro remove all unknown company files.
A basic user, will run, whenever "suspect" detected file if he trust the author. So, this test is not really valable..

But, altrought, i like the UI :)

Trend Micro block the file => Detected , not run the file if Trend Micro said suspicious, it is not valid

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Don't understand you,can you plz explain?:confused:

Right,
on the vidéo, you can see that Trend Micro block all files that Trend Micro doesn't know the company (like Microsoft (C) ) (Yellow alerts).
A normal user, will run whenever Trend Micro alert with that if he trust the author of the file.
Like a friend that send you a program, you will trust him and run, even if the company isn't know by Trend Micro.

Manzai chose to not run any of the files. In my opinion, this test is not valid.

Reactions: RmG152

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Trend Micro stopped the file from running, but it didn't deleted or quarantined the file. Somehow like Avast Hardened Mode works

Reactions: Manzai

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Trend Micro has the best URL blocker (paid AV) and Forticlient (free) I've ever seen

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Right,
on the vidéo, you can see that Trend Micro block all files that Trend Micro doesn't know the company (like Microsoft (C) ) (Yellow alerts).
A normal user, will run whenever Trend Micro alert with that if he trust the author of the file.
Like a friend that send you a program, you will trust him and run, even if the company isn't know by Trend Micro.

Manzai chose to not run any of the files. In my opinion, this test is not valid.

You are wrong and do you no why your wrong,because had he mix a couple of good files in between,you will not have any thing to say when Trend Micro let the good files run & hold the bad,but by he tested a whole pack of nasty files & it blocked 99.9% without human interaction you had to find something out of place in his test, B that was a great test flawless,get tiranium to do that?:)

Last edited:

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
You are wrong and do you no why your wrong,because had he mix a couple of good files in between,you will not have any thing to say when Trend Micro let the good file run & hold the bad,but by he tested a whole pack of nasty files & it blocked 99.9% without human interaction you had to find something out of place in his test, B that was a great test flawless,get tiranium to do that?:)

If Trend Micro does that result with running all malwares, i will respect the result, but he didn't ran anything.
It's detecting as suspect all unknown files like Comodo (whenever, Comodo let to run as sandboxed and it's great).
And in my idea, it's bad to block ALL unknown files because the day you will run a file that you want really, like a Crack for your game that you have waited for 30 days, it will false the real result of 99,99% ;)
You can not list all internet in a software.. the unknown files, a normal user will meet so much. And in my idea, a normal user will run much of files.

Reactions: RmG152

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
About Qihoo we all know that is the best free AV today, but Tiranium has a lot of potential and i really respect those guys effort.
Every AV has it's own way to block malware, so it depends on the user to choose........

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
About Qihoo we all know that is the best free AV today, but Tiranium has a lot of potential and i really respect those guys effort.
Every AV has it's own way to block malware, so it depends on the user to choose........

It ain't like i trying to be disrespectful to him, but a man took some time out to let us see a test, D man ain't alter nothing in D program
he let the program do what it was suppose to do,then up come he talking bout cracks,well i lost which av don't hold cracks if you run them?:confused: is a crack digitally sign.:confused:

Last edited:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
It ain't like i trying to be disrespectful to him, but a man took some time out to let us see a test, D man ain't alter nothing in D program
he let the program do what it was suppose to do,then up come he talk bout cracks,well i lost which av don't hold cracks if you run them?:confused: is a crack digitally sign.:confused:

Manzai's Tests are very very good. I trust his tests and PC Security as well as ''Cyber Review'' in youtube.
Everyone has his own opinion.And the variety of opinions always gives solutions to many thinks.
That's why this forum exists, That's why everybody needs to tell his/her opinion.
This is my personal opinion of course......

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.