trick or ransomware treat; can only use command prompt, please advise. ICE cyber crime virus.

theheadllama

Thread author
Oct 31, 2014
After doing a system restore and before eventually being locked out of the desktop, the ransomware ICE cyber internet crime virus was evident. I can not boot into windows normaly, safe mode, safe mode with networking, system restore, system image (not an option), booting from hitmanpro kickstart results in an endless loop. I can acess command prompt and have downloaded FRST64.exe to a flashdrive and have attatched the log to this post. Currently I am using an imac as I dont have another PC. Please advise.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 76

theheadllama

Thread author
Oct 31, 2014
Thank you for the quick response, I ran the fixlist and did another scan, both logs are attached. Not able to boot into windows normally as of now.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 55
  • FRST.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 67

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST
Run FRST as before and press Fix
On completion try a normal boot.

theheadllama

Thread author
Oct 31, 2014
I downloaded the fixlist.txt in your previous post (im assuming that was the one you were referring to) and saved it to the same location as frst64. Ran frst from command prompt as i did before and then clicked fix. this generated a log which i have attached but i wasnt able to boot into windows normally.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    1 KB · Views: 82

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Run FRST from normal mode. Check the option Addition and click scan.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.