Guide | How To [Tutorial] How to install Windows 7 from a CD/DVD or USB flash drive

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
It did but I got the pro version and I want to downgrade.

Okay, now it's different. You'll have to use RUFUS, make sure that the setting is set for "UEFI ready BIOS" and enable Secure Boot in your BIOS as well as boot from USB in UEFI mode and not Legacy.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Okay, now it's different. You'll have to use RUFUS, make sure that the setting is set for "UEFI ready BIOS" and enable Secure Boot in your BIOS as well as boot from USB in UEFI mode and not Legacy.

As much as I'd like to do that it seems near impossible for me to do it considering I don't know how to use the BIOS as I've not used it alot.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
As much as I'd like to do that it seems near impossible for me to do it considering I don't know how to use the BIOS as I've not used it alot.

Do you know how to access it ?
When you boot your computer/laptop, when your manufacturer logo is being displayed, it will be written lines with "FX = Options" or "FX = Menu", etc. Look for the F Key that brings you in the Setup, Menu, BIOS, etc. and press it.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Do you know how to access it ?
When you boot your computer/laptop, when your manufacturer logo is being displayed, it will be written lines with "FX = Options" or "FX = Menu", etc. Look for the F Key that brings you in the Setup, Menu, BIOS, etc. and press it.

I know how to use it : F12 is boot options and Del = BIOS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.