UK police charge man in connection with Anonymous DDoS attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
A 22-year-old student has been charged by British police in connection with denial-of-service attacks carried out by the Anonymous hacktivist group.

Which begs the question - Is being an internet hacktivist really worth the risk?
Read More

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
If found guilty the maximum sentence under the Computer Misuse Act is 10 years in jail.....might not get 10 but even 1 year in jail is a hell.This guy will definitely learn how to behave online in the next few weeks :)
I don;t know how they will prove that Peter David Gibson was behind the computer which launched the DDoS attack but I guess they have some kind of evidence,apart from knowing from the IP addresses of computers which may have participated in the attacks but if they gone so far their has to be more.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
He'll likely just settle and not see any jail time.

And if you're gonna be a "internet hacktivist" (cyber criminal) you should at least take some decent precautions.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That person must be realized, he can find by the authorities because of trace ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.