Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Teaming up with the Ask toolbar for example vs a bitcoin miner is a big difference IMO. :)
Haha yes most definitely a big difference, but when you talk about other programmes that install adware and malware that do the same thing (hog resources and slow the computer down). However it still doesn't make it any better that a programme with such a huge user base would do such a thing.

midzan21

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
Thank God I still use uTorrent 2.0.4 and everytime it asks to update I decline that :) And they aren't only app that have so much bullc*ap inside installer (last expirience was KM Player which I need to install to buddys laptop)

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Most users simply do not read anything during installation and just click next, next and finish. Many of my friends and older members of family are like that, and they then call me to say that their PC is slow and browser pages took ages to open. I told them and also showed them countless times how to install software or some tool, proposed them to use Uncheky but no they want to do it their way.

AV software comes bundled, and some other good software recently started to bundle everything just to increase sales, users must understand that they must be cautious this days to avoid getting malware or PUP on their PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.