Vags config

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Why did you go with Windows 7 Ultimate ?
What edition of Kaspersky Internet Security are you using ?

vags

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Why did you go with Windows 7 Ultimate ?
What edition of Kaspersky Internet Security are you using ?
Win 7 has better control than newer and is more secure also, win 8 gives too many permissions to applications maybe because is 4 phone too. I prefer 2013, at 2014 they changed the firewall, from 2014 kis hasn't own firewall doing settings at Windows firewall and I believe also 2015 will do the same. If u search the registry in a machine which is installed 2014 you can see these keys.

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Win 7 has better control than newer and is more secure also, win 8 gives too many permissions to apps maybe because is 4 phone too. I prefer 2013 13.0...., 2014 they changed the firewall, from 2014 kis hasn't own firewall doing settings at Windows firewall and I believe also 2015 will do the same. If you search the registry you'll see these parameters.

I guess my question for Windows 7 wasn't precise, why did you go with the Ultimate edition of Windows 7 ? Are you using all its features or not at all ?

vags

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
I guess my question for Windows 7 wasn't precise, why did you go with the Ultimate edition of Windows 7 ? Are you using all its features or not at all ?
No is not the features I like to activating them (no crack) I have also pro, home, win 8.1, 3,4 systems at every computer ,and 3,4 virtual machines genuine activated the last I installed was 7 Ultimate and I stayed.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would update to the latest version of KIS 2015.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: vags

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
No is not the features I like to activating them (no crack) I have also pro, home, win 8.1, 3,4 systems at every computer ,and 3,4 virtual machines genuine activated the last I installed was 7 Ultimate and I stayed.

Then I don't know why you would install Ultimate if you don't use the additional features it provides. I guess you should start disabling some services you don't need to save resources. Even disable Windows features you don't use.

vags

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Then I don't know why you would install Ultimate if you don't use the additional features it provides. I guess you should start disabling some services you don't need to save resources. Even disable Windows features you don't use.
Yes maybe some features are unnecessary but the truth is that ultimate is more stable than pro etc.
About services is normally not 4 ultimate but at any os to disable what u don't need also to made and some task schedules to delay or kill some of them at startup.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.