Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
RAP-Chart-1200.jpg

https://www.virusbtn.com/virusbulletin/archive/2014/04/vb201404-comparative#id4819421

RAP-table-1.jpg

VB100 Avast! & Emsisoft & Baidu didn't pass VB100 ?

Reactions: yigido

MalwareHunter

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 30, 2014
Your own experience is the best, for sure. Never trust in anything like this...
If you don't want to test everything yourself, ask someone who really knows what is he doing. Or just come here to MT, and check the review videos or the results in Malware Hub.

Y

yigido

Your own experience is the best, for sure. Never trust in anything like this...
If you don't want to test everything yourself, ask someone who really knows what is he doing. Or just come here to MT, and check the review videos or the results in Malware Hub.
I have a friend like this and I have my own experiences ;) I can say all these company tests are useless expect proactive tests!

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
VB100 Emsisoft didn't pass VB100 ?
There were problems with stability - for testing detection with access to a large number of threats from the set of WildList, protection was turned down, giving an error. In Virus Bulletin noted that in actual use, it can not happen again, because no one will run as many viruses, but in this test, they were not able to complete the task.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
For Emsisoft it's a temporarily step back.
I'm sure the version 9 it's at least as good as GData or even better.

LoveHater

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 29, 2014
I don't give damm to this ,, look where Eset is and where BullGuard is ,, and we all the results here ,,,,, and i have personaaly used both and there is night and day difference,,, right now using Emsis,,, and it is no less than anyone

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have used ESET,Kaspersky & Emsisoft for the last 15 years or more.I have not had an infection and I have never had my personal information,Identity or any other type of problems in all of those years.Those are the test results I will stick with ;)

MalwareHunter

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 30, 2014
In Virus Bulletin noted that in actual use, it can not happen again, because no one will run as many viruses, but in this test, they were not able to complete the task.
If something cannot happen in actual case, why they add it to the test? They should test in real world's situation, no average user who will try to open 100s of malwares with one click. So (at least for me), these test means nothing...

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Greeting!;)

> Blocking
> Cleaning abilities and/or removal of the headache!
> lightness

Are my choices in picking my security software.:)

Kind regards,

Reactions: Behold Eck

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.