Vitinhosnipergun's PC Config

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
You should enable UAC because you have "basic" computer knowledge and less than 6 months ago you had a infection.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
A few tips:
If you're actually using windows 8 will be interesting to upgrade to the latest version, Windows 8.1 (free update)
enable UAC
Making weekly scans with Malwarebytes and HitmanPro
Use Unchecky to Pup's
Add some extensions to enhance protection of your web browser, like adblock, Ghostery, WOT

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
The advice my friends, Fantasy & Lailson, shared are exactly what I hope I would have shared too.:) *looking up.:rolleyes:
I'll add only one thing more:
After downloading anything, be sure you know it comes from a safe source, and scan it first before you install with the free malwarebytes anti-malware https://www.malwarebytes.org/
Thank you for sharing your configuration!:D

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  1. Upgrade to Windows 8.1 (Update 1 will be included in the Store update) - Let it download and reboot when required.
  2. Enable UAC to default settings.
  3. Create 1 admin with password, and remaining with standard accounts. - Stops inexperienced user from damaging the OS or installing malware/unknown software.
  4. Configure avast! Antivirus to your preferences. Enable PUP detection. Change installation to remove any unneeded tools ie. GrimeFighter.
  5. Add extensions to Chrome to enhance your browsing experience. For example: AdBlock.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Same advice as Huracan in the above reply.Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.