Want to upgrade RAM in laptop. Which RAM vendor to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi, i'm planning to upgrade my laptop memory from 4 GB to 8 GB. Is this a good idea or just a waste of money? I'm using windows 8 OS.
So friends If u suggest me to upgrade I want to know how to choose the right memory for my PC (Like what to depend on, which manufacturer should I choose?). My laptop specification is right over my signature below.
If u don't want me to upgrade, u may tell me the satisfactory reason? I would be selling my PC in another 10 Months.
Further more questions will arise as soon as some one replies

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
RAM price has increased now. Don't know why.
Because XP is dead right, since genuine customers have plan of upgrading their OS, they must also check the RAM in order to enjoy efficient computing. So that's the trick.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

if your laptop has 4gb ram from Corsair, better by more Corsair to upgrade rather than any other brands.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

what i mean is dont upgrade with a lower brand than the one you have already

Reactions: Venustus

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
But my pc memory expands only up to 8 GB, how can I add 8 GB if already 4 GB installed?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
then what should I do with my current RAM?
What Umbra was saying is that it is preferred to buy the new RAM from the same brand. If you have Hynix and you want to add more ram to your computer alongside that one, buy another Hynix and not any other brand to avoid any conflicts. But my laptop has a total of 4GB of RAM - 2GB of RAM from Transcend and another 2GB from a different brand and have not faced any problems, but it's always better to be on the safe side. :)

So you already have 4GB from Hynix and you want to have a total RAM capacity of 8GB? Buy another Hynix with 4GB and insert it in the other RAM slot.

be sure the bus speed of the ram is same as urs one :)

I remember trying to put two RAMs with a different bus speed on the same computer. It refused to start up until I removed one of the RAMs. :D

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well friends I have decided to choose Transcend ram. How good is it ? Will it meet my specifications? Or Should I choose Corsair?
Capture.PNG

Capturev.PNG

Capturfe.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.