Warning ! File Hippo Update Checker Users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yes they have updated File Hippo Update Manager/Checker to a new version that comes with PUP's. I myself found three programs being offered to install during the update.

1>> They offer Quiho Product.

Capture.PNG

2>> They are offering Yahoo search engine
Capture1.PNG

3>> Finally they are giving some tweaking software.

Capture2.PNG

Beware before u install the app. And ESET users no need to worry, because ESET blocks the installer running in ur pc and if u are an advanced user u may ignore and install the software safely.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I had no problems with the program. No PUP's here!! I down loaded from TwinHeadedEagle's recommended Apps.
Recommended additional software: These are from TwinHeadedEagle The #1 Malware fighter in the computer world!
icon_arrow.gif
TFC - to clean unneeded temporary files.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - to scan your system from time to time in search for malware.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
icon_arrow.gif
McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
icon_arrow.gif
CryptoPrevent - to secure yourself from very severe CryptoLocker infection.
icon_arrow.gif
Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
icon_arrow.gif
FiheHippo.com Update Checker - to keep your programs up-to-date.
icon_arrow.gif
Adblock - to surf the web without annoying ads!

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtwillight and Kent

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
ok i uninstall file hippo what is another software updater available
Hi ! TwinHeadedEagle would not recommend a software program that installs PUP's on your PC.
Someone here is getting excited. If you click on the list in my reply, you will not get PUP's.
All the apps recommended by TwinHeadedEagle are good and they are safe down loads.
No PUP's!!!!!

Reactions: Kent and glasswitch

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I had no problems with the program. No PUP's here!! I down loaded from TwinHeadedEagle's recommended Apps.
Recommended additional software: These are from TwinHeadedEagle The #1 Malware fighter in the computer world!
icon_arrow.gif
Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
I agree as u are using the Unchecky software it must automatically uncheck the installations of PUP's. But what if others who never knew of this software? Its for them. :)

Reactions: Kent

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I see Astromenda is listed up there. Whoever created that should be shot, mutilated and various unpleasant things done to them. It's a nightmare to shift, you think it's gone and it pops up again 5 minutes later. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.