Webroot SA + Comodo Firefall + Crystal Security, is it enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
I think for a man with your special advanced skill levels it will serve you very well my friend. :cool::p:D

Thanks my friend :) Already I just need to be able to find these "special advanced skill levels" and I'll be happy :D :p

I believe this combo is very strong so you don't have to add anything;)
Just don't forget on demand scanners;)

thanks my friend! :), Yes, I have EEK, Xvirus and MalwareBytes, for that function. What happens is that WSA is for me a mystery.:oops: On my other partition I have Norton AV 2014 and here I wanted to try this strange combination.;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have tried WSA AV for 6 months and for me is a good product.
The web filter is slowing down a little my browsing.
WSA has a firewall and it works together with Windows firewall but WSA firewall monitors only outbound connections.
In my opinion this is very good because in the end you have a two-way firewall.
But Comodo firewall is also very good and strong and if you like it more you should stick with it

Crystal security haven't tried yet so i can't say anything

For on demand scanner you should enter MT giveaway for Zemana antimalware;)
I am using it and is very good and fast and of course it uses multiple engines for scanning:)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
I have tried WSA AV for 6 months and for me is a good product.
The web filter is slowing down a little my browsing.
WSA has a firewall and it works together with Windows firewall but WSA firewall monitors only outbound connections.
In my opinion this is very good because in the end you have a two-way firewall.
But Comodo firewall is also very good and strong and if you like it more you should stick with it

Crystal security haven't tried yet so i can't say anything

For on demand scanner you should enter MT giveaway for Zemana antimalware;)
I am using it and is very good and fast and of course it uses multiple engines for scanning:)

Thanks for your new response. WSA is very fast and has very good reviews (and some bad also), but find it really interesting. :)

Crystal Security is, for me, a finding. One of the best discoveries ever to my computer, it is essential in my systems, I recommend you try it. :)

I will try to get a ZAM. My wife has it on her computer along with Eset. :) Yes, she is more clever than me ;) :D

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Well, Webroot good detection, Comodo Firewall the best software firewall (HIPS in case), Crystal security detected all the rest ;) The best combo in my opinion my friend : no best choice ! :)

WOW! :eek:Then I think I have found the winning horse. :cool: What I like most is that between the three processes do not reach the 100 Mb. ;)They are currently around 86 Mb. I like that :cool:

Thank you my friend! :)

https://i.imgur.com/mYZzcMG.png

https://i.imgur.com/Dz27Xx1.png

Reactions: frogboy
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Yes, especially Webroot is only a small client and it is very light : it is a combo to copy... :cool::D

WOW! again! :D if you say that... it is all said! :cool: You are, as always, very friendly and very pedagogical :)

I am using Private firewall now....less popups than CF...light on the resources,Qihoo is the best and free option;)

Thanks my "hypnotic cat" friend ! :)

I really like Privatefirewall, but now, i'm in a stage of my live "no HIPS", but... How long my friend? :D

Have you seen what can be achieved with less than 100Mb? now I compare with Norton AV 2014 + Comodo Firewall that I think the two best defensive combos I ever had.

(I've removed CF to my daughter's computer leaving the Mcafee Setup as have recommended me several companions)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In mathematics subject, sometimes we need to simplify the overall setup: ;)

1) Webroot and Comodo Firewall is pretty good at all, I've never saw post that contains any issues.

2) Comodo Firewall and Crystal Security, another solid combo and surely no issues should persist; as CS doesn't provide any drivers that can clash with other programs.

3) Or lastly Comodo Internet Security is all you need; a simplified and very strong at all matters of tweaks.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
i've tried wsa, sadly, it has noticeable delay when opening webpage :(
Thanks for the info! at the moment that is not happening on my computer, but I'll be attentive.

In mathematics subject, sometimes we need to simplify the overall setup: ;)

1) Webroot and Comodo Firewall is pretty good at all, I've never saw post that contains any issues.

2) Comodo Firewall and Crystal Security, another solid combo and surely no issues should persist; as CS doesn't provide any drivers that can clash with other programs.

3) Or lastly Comodo Internet Security is all you need; a simplified and very strong at all matters of tweaks.

Thanks friend! :) I've been testing CIS and I love it. :) I have, in fact, in old laptop with XP.

The only drawback that I see in CIS is when it comes to surf the intrnet. I think that Webroot better does that job, but... you're right, I'm not simplistic, rather I am a little paranoid exaggeration... :rolleyes:

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
good, good, every body have their own taste, i can understand from the above after reading it.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Hello,
It's too much i think, you should take care with them. Comodo is buggy, Webroot is made by NSA, and crystal send all files to virustotal which is used by Google.

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.