Webroot: Safer than Avast Internet Security?

Task Killer

Thread author
Apr 10, 2014
Last year, I ended up using webroot when I got affected by it.
I injected someone's pendrive and I opened it. There were many folders but I clicked on the wrong one which had .exe extension and was a virus. So, Please tell me should i use it?
People are saying that it is far better than the last year one.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
if Avast is working best for you....why bother with other security softwares....I haven't used webroot so i can't say anything about it being better or not.....I just suggest you to go with what already working better for you..

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
If you don't use internet on a daily basis, stick with Avast Internet Security. Webroot doesn't come with offline database.
As I can see, your last infection was less than a month ago. So rather than worrying about the AV, think about what you're doing wrong. Most probably you're ignoring all the UAC prompts without inquiring.
Be vigilant and you'll be safe.

*Both Avast and Webroot are great.

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
maybe you should use a second opninion scanner like mbam and hitman pro or a free antimalware like Xvirus, iobit malware figther or tiranium

Reactions: Dubseven

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Avast if it suits you you can be at Avascie, while Webroot is very light and has a good detection rate.
Some time ago I used Webroot and performed well, but his license to me has ended and replaced with something else.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Welcome to MT!
Regarding your question about which one is safer and better, I think both are great and excellent product, I'm not saying webroot is safer than avast even I'm using it right now, don't just blindly believe what most people tell you about, testing both products by our self is the best solution we might have. Both has Pro's and Con's, you can't compare it.

I'm using webroot on my laptop because it's very light, which also provide good protection, I'm a gamer so I prefer a light weight anti-virus, detection rate is not the most important for me since I practice safe browsing habbits. I agree with @samit if Avast already did a good job for you, then there is no point by using another Av. Besides.. Avast also has free version which is deliver the same protection with the paid one (except more features and firewall). So unless you were planning to buy license for Webroot, and unless you were planning to become an Av tester like most of fellow here on MT, then I see no point to switch :)

Last edited:

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Add some privacy extension in your browser and a backup solution, even a simple cloud storage to keep your files safe :)
Try adding some on demand scanners, I suggest you Emsisoft Emergency Kit and MBAM free ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.